Gazelle Champion Mondial AA Special 55cm SOLD

Uncle Buk

Dirt Disciple
For Sale

A late-80s Gazelle Champion Mondial AA Special 531c frame and forks with Campagnolo Super Record headset and Chorus bottom bracket.

The frame measures 55cm c-t-c and is in good condition with no dents or dings, and comes with a Cinelli cast bottom bracket shell. The rear spacing is 130mm and therefore suitable for 8-speed and upwards (I had it built up with a Campagnolo 8 speed Chorus/CDA groupset). It is a responsive and nimble frame and I’m only selling because I have another one and can’t justify owning two.

There are a few areas where the paint has been scratched (the most noticeable is on the rear stay as can be seen in the photo) and a previous owner has attempted to touch up an area on the underside of the top tube.

Both the headset and bottom bracket are in good condition – the headset includes three Campagnolo spacers which were recommended by LBS rather than cutting down the steel steerer, and I will also include the original Gazelle branded headset should the buyer want it.

SOLD

Attachments

• 039.jpg
    039.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 1,410
  • 035.jpg
    035.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 1,408
  • 032.jpg
    032.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 1,408
  • 028.jpg
    028.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 1,408
  • 025.jpg
    025.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 1,410
  • 023.jpg
    023.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 1,410
Brought from me and despite having had a plethora of bikes pass through my hands I still recall how impressed I was with the ride.

It was a regretful sale, really wish I could have afforded to keep it. I guess now is my opportunity to buy it back but alas I still cannot afford it....

Please do get in touch if you want any additional photos or further information.

As Tel confirms, Gazelle Champion Mondial AA Special's are great frames whose geometry offers a super riding experience as well as impressive European aesthetics.

Almost taking myself out of selling it there, but unfortunately it does need a new home...

i was after one of those Campag headset spacers for ages...
do you have any spare by any chance???
lovely frame, have a bump

Unfortunately, I've none spare at the moment. They do seem rare as hen's teeth and rarely come up on ebay or elsewhere - I've seen secondhand ones sell for £20-25, which is unbelievable when you think about it.

Thanks for the kind words about the frame too.

Nice Gazelle and you are using all the right components to build her up too!

I can see why someone might be tempted to buy just for the headset, its arguably worth a fair bit with the three spacers and so the frame would work out at a fairly reasonable price given the original Gazelle one is included in the sale.

I''ll keep an eye out for a spacer and if I come across one I'll get in touch. Sometimes its worth asking at a LBS just on the off chance they've got one knocking about in the spares box.

Cheers

Back