Dave Lloyd Beez Kneez [new pics page 5]

Fantastic bike Rob and it was great to see it ridden hard.

I would leave the Maguras on, they don't look too out of place imho and as its your main rider why compromise just for looks.

If anything I think Rob has also proved just how much you can improve your fitness in a such short time, if I remember his concerns when he first joined the forum correctly...

...wish I had his determination! :oops:

kaya":114l4u60 said:
Rob testing the British steel

You appear to have a fixed 'silly grin' on your face Rob, as I think any of us would with such a fine machine.

Stevo, I'm with you on the paint, but it's what Dave was doing at the time, including his road bikes, so I guess it is what it is. Better than plain white with black stays anyway :twisted:

NeilM":2vqt7ezl said:
kaya":2vqt7ezl said:
Rob testing the British steel

You appear to have a fixed 'silly grin' on your face Rob, as I think any of us would with such a fine machine.

Stevo, I'm with you on the paint, but it's what Dave was doing at the time, including his road bikes, so I guess it is what it is. Better than plain white with black stays anyway :twisted:

Ouch.

Finally sussed out what it is that I don't like about it...

...it's the paint on the fork!

If it was plain blue it would finish it off a treat :cool:

...which, of course, is just my opinion!

Rob Atkin":4b1nyzym said:
Built!
Ridden!
e5b8e0e2.jpg

83ab6f7a.jpg

9752e557.jpg

Looks good. I like the name to.

Rob Atkin said:
Bit of a story.....

I used to live in Southwell, Nottinghamshire. There was a little bike shop there that sold MTB's and road bikes. Obviously my interest was MTB but the bike shop owner also had Dave Lloyd display models. He said he was friends with Dl (don't know how true that was, but how many shops had 4 or 5 DL full bikes to display in their shop??? :shock:)

I remember "Go Bike" in Southwell very well.....he did have lots of lushness, I spent many a school lunch break dribbling on the shop window. Fond memories. Its a fookin Dress shop now :-(

Back