Lidl Powerfix Bike Workstand - £29.99

RobMac":1ahzaq6d said:
highlandsflyer":1ahzaq6d said:
Lidl is German. Aldi is German. Most of the products are sourced from the same suppliers. You could barely get a razor blade between the two in terms of quality of goods, many of which are excellent and knock spots of the crap sold in the major chains. Pure snobbery keeps the margins healthy for some supermarket chains. :)

Their brothers who own the companies :shock:

No they don't
they ran Aldi, but one is dead and the other now retired.

I can recommend the £1.29 BBQ cleaner aerosol too, makes a great degreaser, just watch it on your paint it's made one of my black hubs look a bit ano. (OK so bone idle me didn't take the cassette off).

Got mine!!

In Hereford we are blessed with both an Aldi and a Lidl. Some of the lines they get in are pretty good. There were 3 stands left..now there is only one :cool:

Lovin' this workstand..Beats hanging my frame from the jerry built improvisation I have been putting up with 'til now.

Cheers for the heads up on these things

also if you clamp them by the tubes and there are stickers on said tubes..... also the corners of the clamps can chip the paint if your not careful with the insertion/extraction.
seatpost only clampage if you please :D

As an Aldi convert i would like to say that Lidl and Aldi are like chalk and cheese, its like comparing Waitrose and farm foods i reckon, Aldi rocks , lidl smells of desperation and your feet stick to the floor :shock:

Charlieboy28":1wjmyq1h said:
As an Aldi convert i would like to say that Lidl and Aldi are like chalk and cheese, its like comparing Waitrose and farm foods i reckon, Aldi rocks , lidl smells of desperation and your feet stick to the floor :shock:

Comparing Aldi with Lidl is like asking which bike is better - Townsend or Universal. Comparing Waitrose with Farm Foods is like comparing Merlin with Apollo. All these bikes do their job at a price but only one is a class act.

I'm not being snobbish as I use Lidl, Aldi and Waitrose, depending what I want, as they are all near me

Aldi does genuinely nice stuff, lido doesn't really. Sure aldi lacks the sparkle of any of the mainstream supermarkets but the quality is pretty high.

Charlieboy28":1csh8zo5 said:

Yours must be different.
he're they are opposite each other (and in fact next to Waitrose)
Aldi is the slightly newer store an Lidl's just had a refit. Both are the same and much cheaper than Waitrose.
of course within a few miles there are another two of each. Still all three sold out of the workstands in the day before tea (I did get one) :)

I just call then Laldi now.

Latest posts

Back