£1k to spend on modern bike, any suggestions?

And if you can manage to push over the budget by 250 then could get

http://www.merlincycles.co.uk/?fn=produ ... goryId=100

00000885.jpg

It's fair to say that the frames are functional. My Easton Ultralite frame has tidy welds and has built in to a 22lb bike, i'm happy. It's a great bike to pick up and thrash for a few hours.

Image051.jpg

Image049.jpg

Image050.jpg

as some of you know i'm an orange fan!!!

you could go for a p7 s or a prestige s with a few upgrades, they're sort of retro style being steel, most shops would get rid of the tora forks in favour of something a little better for a bit of extra cash! and i think both have the performance pack upgrade options of £150 extra and you get a thompson post and stem and a easton carbon bar and a gobi saddle, that lot rrp's for about £320 and you can order it with the bike for £150, seems like a no brainer to me.

so p7 s +performance pack is £949 and then add a bit for a better fork maybe

or prestige s + a fork upgrade and a bit of xt here and there would put you about a grand

or the new evo8 if you want aluminium, £949, nice looking bike.

so many options!!! :D

I went through this same process about 9 months ago. I soooooo wanted to order an Orange, but they just don't represent good value IMO :(

hey paul, i do know what you mean, they are a bit more expensive than some others but i like to think they are a bit different than the average bike (he says stamping his feet shouting ORANGE! ORANGE! ORANGE!) :D ;)

kase1983":1q3i1x84 said:
this cannondale is a bargin at the moment, exactly what i have on order !

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... :IT&ih=004

watching this, prefer the blue version, it will go for close to the RRP tho, like most new bikes put on ebay,
was watching a stumpy which has a lot of last minute bids yesterday,
although this one ends at 10am, so might be less interest at the last minute,
i was interested in a cannondale initially, but component wise they are poor value,

tallpall i like your rock lobster a lot, the black and yellow/gold go well,

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back