Confession time - 'I have not ridden a bike since...'

Went out again today and got told off by some old bloke for not having a bell!!!!
:oops:
Think I gave him a bit of a fright?!?! ;)

Amazingly, I am actually managing to get out a few times a week. Weight is still coming off although more slowly now.

I'm not riding a tractor though. I tried it a couple of weeks back and if I'm honest didn't really enjoy it much.

Will try to do 40 tomorrow evening, monsoons permitting!

Since twenty to ten this morning...

...quick five mile sprint, followed by a brisk five mile walk after getting a puncture at my turnaround mark; and realising I hadn't brought my repair kit with me! :shock:

Epic f*cking fail! :oops:

Skinwhistle":254xjz7o said:
Went out again today and got told off by some old bloke for not having a bell!!!!
:oops:
Think I gave him a bit of a fright?!?! ;)

Yeah know what you mean - I ride the south downs and walkers are always moaning that they cannot hear you.

I plan to get one of these:

Attachments

• horn8001.jpg
    horn8001.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 215
I just get some speed up when I see pedestrians and then start freewheeling up to them. The Hope hubs have since negated the need for a bell on my bike. Them Pro II Evo's are noiiiiiiiiisy!! :cool:

Back on topic, been about a week since my last proper ride. It is so damn rainy its ridiculous.

Ride my bike every day......... to work ........ or the pub ...... or for xbox night at my cousins.

But :oops: ....... never been on a ride in the stix :oops:

RBG

got a nice 50 miler sorted out (up and down dale/Manc-central-hartshead-dovestone over saddleworth moor to Holmfirth) which we've been tanning for six month. Had a younger ex-bouncy fork kid with us last week, the approach into Holmfirth is all down hill and he come past me like i was stood still (i was on 44mph), we stopped at the brew shop and 10 sec's later his front tyre exploded like a shotgun going off. Got that sorted and he did the same stunt (speed) on the home leg down thru Greenfield :oops:

Had a comical 22 miler yesterday, me other pal was recently hit by a car, undercover coppers behind said car and copper out blasting the car driver ('you didnt 'uckin see him, he's dressed like a lemon merangue' :LOL: (sp).....) The kids not easilly put off and covered the 22 mile yesterday hitting a true average 20mph over the distance ...with his right arm in plaster.

Back