Bontrager Road weapon.

titch__16":18f1k0ap said:
Looks much better now, and I didn't think I'd be saying that :LOL:

Maybe you should introduce it to a nice carbon fork ;)
And some red bolts and other small parts might make the shifters look less lonely.

:LOL: cheers Titch.
The fork is already a CF jobbie, but it had to be painted black to hide the old school looking yellow decals. I am always looking for a more wing like fork though...in CF or black of course.
Hmm red bolts...I hadn't thought of that...nice idea sir. :D

It appears that the Bonty will now be seeing some proper action as I've just entered a Duathlon at Silverstone! LOL.
I CANNOT wait to thrash her around the track for the 10 mile bike section. :D

In action at yesterdays Silverstone Duathlon.

IMG_0515_sm.jpg

IMG_0628_sm.jpg

IMG_0646_sm.jpg

We managed a respectable 14th place.

I will confess that I am in the process of building/buying a proper TT bike...and the wheels I've secured for it have found their way onto the Bonty for my next Silverstone Duathlon event...
...as well as some Quantum SL pedals and a pair of SRAM Apex calipers (with CF specific blocks/pads).

bontrager_or_tt02.jpg

bontrager_or_tt05.jpg

She should fly a bit faster next week. :)

titch__16":2vxyg8at said:
Does getting a new TT bike mean we may be seeing this one rebuilt as MTB again? :D

Maybe I'm not sure. Her next incarnation might be as a narrow flat bar road courier 9 speed type thing? Or i might put some drop bars on with the TT bars for a more comfortable road ride. Or I might turn her back into an MTB? Dunno.
What i do know is that she'll stay in this current setup until next year as I'll use her through the winter indoors. :)

Whatever happens she'll still end up being my most ridden bike which is bonkers as this year she celebrates her 18th Birthday!

Back