Replacement brake pads Weinmann

neuroportal

Retro Guru
Hi.

Just wondered if it was possible to get replacement insert pads for 70s Weinmann. These are from some 500s. They look like your tradition brake blocks, but I notice they are only closed on three ends and there is an indent to stop them coming out. If I could replace these then that would be perfect, keeping the look spot on for the era.

Cheers for any help.

Ben

Try Disco Brakes: they are ridiculously cheap, so you can afford to take a punt (I doubt you'll find anywhere that offers "Weinmann compatible" inserrts).

They've always delivered the next day and the one occasion they sent me the wrong pads, they sent out the correct ones with an SAE to return the others.

In fact thinking about it, I have four pairs of OBE-R50R that I ordered in error: have a look at the website and if you think they might work for you, let me know and I'll send you a couple of pairs.

That is an excellent site and I never knew about it.

I will be honest, I don't think they will fit. But I do appreciate the offer!

No problem, you're welcome. They were so cheap I thought I might as well hold on to them in case they were of use to someone else.

FYI someone on another forum recommended them, but said that although the inserts were good (which my experience agrees with), the holders weren't up to much (I've not tried them).

If you get stuck and are running out of stopping power (?!?), then I have some Weinmann brake blocks that you are welcome to if you send me a SAE.

Have to say that I have been helped out by Retrobikers more than once and I am very grateful to be on this forum.

Thanks for the offer. That is very much appreciated. They are currently part of a build I am putting (back) together and if I cannot find some pads from anywhere I will certainly take you up on that. :)

Latest posts

Back