Security bubble

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was unfortunate enough to catch some of the Bradford leg, you couldn't see the torch carrier for 'youths' surrounding the convoy.

I suppose we could wait for a torchbearer to get assaulted, then all whittle on about how ineffective the dibble are.

I've had direct involvement with the Met team providing the close security and know what they've been briefed, and the number of threats they are looking out for is phenomenal, and the time in which they have to make a tactical decision is infentissimal. When it comes down to it no one was hurt, happy ending.

Could've been a lot, lot worse - what do you think those lads are carrying in those F.A.G. bags?

I'm sure this is the response you would of wanted if it was one of your family or friends!

it was certainly a "firm" response, I wonder if the lad actually knew that he was in the "bubble"? probably not, judging by his face when they took him down.

I'm all for the appropriate use of force, but it could be a case of life or death in a situation like that, and you don't want to dither and end up being one of the dead ones.
They used non-lethal force, the lad would have a few scrapes & bruises, and he probably won't be be riding into the "bubble" again :LOL:

greenstiles":55mhymp8 said:
Was there a less violent way of dealing with this young boy. I think there was. I think it's starting to send out the wrong message now. I feel quite strongly about this.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-18756050

You must understand that everyone is a potential terrorist and has to be dealt with accordingly which usually means over reaction. As to the guy's safety he was safe on his bike he became unsafe when he was grabbed from his bike and wrestled to the ground where he was then in very real danger of being mowed down by the entourage and their vehicles and it is likely that he did not know the security bubble were there to smash anyone out of the way that were not meant to be there. And I agree it is sending out the wrong message thugs exist everywhere especially where you least expect it, the very people charged with public protection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back