Seeking clarification of comments re prices in eBay section

sylus

Old School Grand Master
I need to make it clear first..I'm after clarification and not confrontation and given I've been sailing close to the wind lately I thought I'd best ask before I drop myself in the kak

My understanding re commenting on other members sales is as follows

Members sales in the members only section.... we should try to avoid comments on pricing or quality...working on the basis if you can't say anything positive then do not say anything at all

On the Ebay section then all sales wether members or not...we are allowed to comment on

Now again for clarity and to avoid myself ..and I suspect a few others :LOL: ..dropping in the brown stuff...could someone clarify the position on this ?

I'm not after a row just want to try and stay within the rules and expectation of the forum.

Ta

I'm not allowed to work yet that's why I have too much time on my hands :LOL:

I think it's more than just me that thought we were okay to comment on ebay items member or not. So some clarification would help diffuse some situations :D

My understanding was that we were requested NOT to make comments on ANY For Sale items 'Period' :?
Whether member non-member or Ebay but I may be wrong :shock:

A large majority of the ebay section should be addressed then, cos there's a plethora of threads there with comments on pricing.

In fact there are threads started purely on the pricing of an item....

GT-Steve":13nq20dn said:
A large majority of the ebay section should be addressed then, cos there's a plethora of threads there with comments on pricing.

In fact there are threads started purely on the pricing of an item....
Indeed - I'm just as guilty as anybody, some of the auctions I've outed, have been on a HFM? basis.

Prices/value is subjective

I was under the understanding that in the sales section its self it was against forum rules to comment on price, though not int he ebay outing section. but based on the bike your talking of then i think i undervalued my Merlin with Hope and M900 XTR by about £2k!

We ask for minimal comments on pricing in the retrobike classifieds. We have given no guidance for the eBay section because often that's half the point in the thread as other have mentioned. For example someone might highlight an auction which is a bargain or highlight a dreamer (£200 for a NOS 70GS mech etc.)

We will however moderate the eBay section as per the rest of the site, if a thread gets out of hand and ill tempered it may well get locked.

Back