Gear mech's, shifters, etc

XTR
XT
SLX
Deore

Personally,ive always went for XT as its supposedly a bit harder wearing than XTR.Nowadays im unsure,seems most high end components are now the throwaway kind :?

I've vote for SLX :D :D

Do you not find your xt stuff as hard wearing anymore? Anything specifically?

I guess the point of that would be on the xtr you'd be a supposed weight weenie and take a little shaving of weight for some strength i guess (although that may not be the case, thats the way i have always thought it is).

cyfa2809":1htvi6v9 said:
Do you not find your xt stuff as hard wearing anymore? Anything specifically?

I guess the point of that would be on the xtr you'd be a supposed weight weenie and take a little shaving of weight for some strength i guess (although that may not be the case, thats the way i have always thought it is).

The current XT hub axles are known to crack and fail due to them having changed from steel to alloy (to save weight).

When I was racing (~15 years ago) I used LX on my training bike and XTR on my race day bike. The idea being that LX is much harder wearing (or was in those days) and you put more miles in on the training than you do on race day. FWIW I was especially tough on components, wearing out a set of Mavic ceramic rims in 6 weeks, which the LBs then replaced with Sun Ringle TCC rims.

Back