Discs brakes to v brake conversion

widowmaker

Gold Trader
Roberts Fan
Feedback
View
Not really a retro bike but i need some help :?

My modern ride has disc brakes, i was thinking is it possible to fit v brakes to the rear of this frame but it does not have the bosses fitted.

As there any way round this - apologies if this is a silly question :oops:

P5160116.jpg

Rampage":3b4jywt2 said:
Not without some welding!
Why would you want to?

I thought not, thanks !

The discs are problematic and expensive and i cant afford any more repairs, and i wanted v brakes as they are simpler. I did consider selling the whole bike complete but would not get much for it so i thought i would stick with the frame.

The front is the stock giant mph the rear is an Avid elixer 3, i have enjoyed the bike but the brakes are a right pain :(

Thats why i was considering fitting v's, but ill have to souce an earlier frame :D

xerxes":1auhjdbp said:
Do you blow bubbles when you fart?

Thats quite a personal question :D

But i assume you mean my choice of water bottle, i had just been down the shops as i had run out of washing up liquid :D

:D

Back on topic, what about replacing the hydraulic brakes with cable operated disc brakes?

I don't know whether this would be better or not, anyone have any experience with cable operated disc brakes?

xerxes":1qq0u25q said:

Back on topic, what about replacing the hydraulic brakes with cable operated disc brakes?

I don't know whether this would be better or not, anyone have any experience with cable operated disc brakes?
I have ridden some cable disc brakes on a Giant Yukon FX3, very good brakes think they are Hayes, think I've still got them in the Man Cave.

:)

Jussa":1s3anvzz said:
xerxes":1s3anvzz said:

I have ridden some cable disc brakes on a Giant Yukon FX3, very good brakes think they are Hayes, think I've still got them in the Man Cave.

:)

Cheers, ill have a little websearch and see what the fittings, levers etc are like :D

Back