Olympic Gold, US Open, Wimbledon and now the US Open Again!

4-6 7-5 6-3 6-4

No shame at all in that, and it is definite progress for Murray.

The gremlins in his attitude made only a brief appearance, but his serve was not the finely honed weapon I feel it could be made into. Lendl should be a great help with that.

Federer had to play his A game to put it away, he was only really hammering Murray a few times.

At the end of the day my Swiss compatriot did the business in the way only a true champion can.

Murray may never reach those heights, we shall see. A few weeks ago, when he was kicked out of Queens, if you suggested Murray would be in a close run Wimbledon final, (losing 3-1 to an all time champion who found his classic form), I think most of us would have taken that.

Next time Andy, and I think that will be sooner than next Wimbledon.

:)

my respect for him is through the roof after his runner's up speech.
such a shame he didn't manage to convert the 2nd set.

i'll be routing for Murray at Wimbledon from now on, I hope the others age faster than him.

If there's one thing I simply cannot stand it's the way the British slag off their top sports stars whilst going barmy over a bunch of slags from Essex or Newcastle... :evil:

No-one particularly liked Agassi when he blasted onto the scene, saying he was only where he was because his thug of a father had 'bought' him his success; what a load of b*ll*cks that turned out to be!

Murray is one of our top sports stars, who actually does very well at what he does and is proud of it, unlike our poor excuse for a National football team...

...and yes, top respect for his post-match speech :cool:

If there's one thing I simply cannot stand it's the way the British slag off their top sports stars whilst going barmy over a bunch of slags from Essex or Newcastle...
eh?..

No-one particularly liked Agassi when he blasted onto the scene, saying he was only where he was because his thug of a father had 'bought' him his success; what a load of b*ll*cks that turned out to be!

really? I always liked Agassi, don't remember any backlash myself

Murray is one of our top sports stars, who actually does very well at what he does and is proud of it, unlike our poor excuse for a National football team...

I think you've missed the point that most Murray bashers are trying to make.
Murray simply misses the likeability factor.
However, I think he clearly went a long way toward rectifying that today, it's becoming clear that he is probably just misunderstood.
His army of fans just grew considerably, I for one shall be rooting for him on future slams.

I would also love to see Federer take his 8th Wimbledon title though, he deserves the record.

We_are_Stevo":y4c6jb79 said:
Since when did a nice guy get anywhere at anything?

The meek shall inherit the earth? I don't think so...

Roger just proved you wrong ;)

yo-eddy":12h7qz5v said:
We_are_Stevo":12h7qz5v said:

Roger just proved you wrong ;)

Not whilst he's playing, which is what everyone criticises Murray over...

..he's a single-minded professional at the top of his game, and his attitude towards Murray afterwards was an example to the whole World of how to compose yourself in victory :cool:

We_are_Stevo":3ch4rcqq said:

Tsonga is doing a fairly good job at the moment.
Come on, there aren't many outright champions with the persona of Murray

You're still not getting the point.. the reason why Murray isn't (or wasn't) enamoured to the British public was because of his seemingly dour personality, and sulking tantrums during matches.

But, this will have changed somewhat now I imagine.

Let's not forget, he hasn't actually won a Slam. Yet.

Back