Dawes found! But what model is it?

I agree, hand painted gold lines maybe?

Its unlikely to happen though! I'm planning on some gold decals but thats about it.

Ok so far! I classic looking gents bike. I particularly like the black cantis.

From the original bike that I found, this one has new wheels and brake levers but the rest is original. (except headset, BB, cables, chain etc. of course)

Attachments

• d.jpg
    d.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 875
  • c.jpg
    c.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 875
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 875
smart build

Gold chainring bolts and those silver alu Elite bottle cages with the brass inserts will set this off nicely.

Oh, and a Rolls saddle too!

Remember those wheels?

d_724.jpg

Well the hubs cleaned up nicely!!

Attachments

• d.jpg
    d.jpg
    252.3 KB · Views: 537
So the finished things looked ok, but I never rode it. Not cool enough!!

Attachments

• b.jpg
    b.jpg
    236.6 KB · Views: 614

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 613
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Being far too old to even remember being cool, I really like this! Is it a horizontal or sloping top tube - can't seem to be certain from the camera angles. The head tube looks long relative to the seat tube - can you tell me the approx distance centre b/b to saddle top as set up in the photos? And do you know if the 'grd and top rack mount eyes threads are clear?

I feel a bid coming on...

Hi Oldave.

Yes the top tube is slightly sloping, it attaches below the saddle an inch or so lower than the seat stays.

The eyelets for gaurds and racks were all clear on no ripped threads etc. but when it was painted there may be some paint around the edges. I dont have a tap set to clean the threads but I can try and work an allen bolt into each of the holes if you like although I would prefer the new owner to do this as and when he needs to use those hole, no point in removing any paint if not totally necessary.

But essentially the holes will be fine.

The frame is 18-19 inch depending on how you measure it. Not sure its worth measuring to the saddle as you can put that as high or low as you like, but it would be around 24inches if the saddle is 5-6 inches up.

Back