RETRO REFURB ADVICE NEEDED

OK, for that sort of money, then get a proper paint job done, not powdercoat (one person's idea of cheap is another person's idea of expensive).

Dave Yates charges £130 for a flat colour, £140 for a metallic. This includes shotblasting of frame first. He does do a fantastic job, as can be seen here:

461936_10150763329221794_738101793_9703229_538291148_o.jpg

And before:

P1000023.JPG

very nice...

of course, i'd be happy to save money where i can, i just had in mind that the spray job was always going to be the expensive part, and had expected £150ish all along

lug lining costs quite a bit, so tempted to try some of the cheaper guys, on this basis.

Please do not put tyres like that on the Holdsworth! No offense tiermat :D

That is a lovely frame. Fingers crossed you do a good job.

Is it completely stripped yet? I forsee some grief coming up. Before you remove the crank I'd soak it with penentrating oil and use a hairdryer to warm it up prior to removing with the correct extractor as mentioned by someone else.

If you get bored with the project may I have first dibs ;)

lol - no chance this is being sold im afraid... :)

no i was after white tyres to go with the white lug lining.

anyone have any experience with bob jackson. i.e. turn around times, reliability, quality.

bg2":2otp7seg said:
lol - no chance this is being sold im afraid... :)

no i was after white tyres to go with the white lug lining.

You say that now....

White tyres!? I think it's best you hand this project over to me :) Gum wall tyres my son GUM WALL :D

Robbied196":xqitx8vm said:
Catch 22 :)
There is plenty of choice though: Ellis Briggs,

I don't think EB have done any spraying for quite a long time. I heard they use Bob Jackson now.

Back