Guess XC1 scandium... any info on these frames? *pics up*

if you can't find the decals anywhere, try Gil_m on here, if he hasn't got them either, let me know :)

BobCatMax: Thanks for the info, I have pm'd gil-m to see if he's got the decal on file.

P20: I'd seen the Revolution Shadow and assumed it was would be the same frame. SuperCycles and E.B.C. must have been importing them from the same manufacturer in Taiwan.

The bearings of the headset aren't the problem. Although it looks like it should be an integrated headset (and was advertised as such), it is too wide - 44mmID/50mmOD, standard size for semi-integrated/internal headsets. The only problem is that the shallow depth of the recess in the headtube means none can be inserted far enough to sit flush against the the headtube. I believe it was originally designed around a specific Cane Creek cartridge bearing headset which is no longer available (similar to the XLC HS-103, but not the same - I bought one to try...).

The next best solution I could come up with was to modify an FSA ZS-3 (which had the shallowest cup I could find) by machining the back of the cups to fit against the angled section in the headtube. A couple of 1mm thick 44mmID/50mmOD spacer rings to fit between the headtube and cup would have been ideal, but I couldn't find anyone who makes such a thing.

Hi lads.
I have a brand new, boxed Guess XC1 frame in my garage, been out of the box once. I bought it on a whim four years ago from Supercycles in Nottingham.

It's mint, size is 17", so medium.
Anyone like to make me an offer? Original price was £299.

Based in Scunny, North Lincs, P&P would be around £25.

JeffP, you'll have more luck selling that frame in the "For Sale" section of the forum, and it will need a definite price, no "offers".

pics would be useful too...

Thanks, I don't really know this site, found it looking for a stock pic of a Guess XC1 frame, so have put the bike on e-bay, starting price £150.
There's a full set of Shimano XTR M950 V-type brakes on there too, rakes, levers, etc, front and rear, also brand new, starting at £20.

d00m":1wrrtu5e said:
You've built that up with some nice components, obviously extremely light :eek: good luck selling it

Thanks!, yes, I spent some money on it but I'd just sold my 2 Cervelos so I had a bit of cash to spend! It is a ROCKET on hills. I haven't weighed it yet (after about 4 years of owning it!) but it was lighter than both my P3 and P2 Cervelos, and almost every other road bike I've owned - and this has suspension and discs...

02gf74":3t46ls2k said:
blinkin flip, you sure that frame is not soo small for you? :shock: not seen that much seat post extension for a while...... plus the disc rotors look unnecessarily big - I bet I weigh more than you and mange on 160/160 and on 160/140 (cross country stuff, no mad downhilling)

It is just about the right size actually. I've come from time trialling so I don't feel comfortable unless I'm over the bars. You can see I haven't packed up my head with all those silly spacers either. The seat tube is titanium so it's up for the job. I used to live in Hampstead in London and my training route had some SEVERE hills so I need big rotors so I could stop. Since fitting them they have saved quite a few potential nasties with vehicles bigger than mine!

I live on the south coast now so it's all flat, but I'm itching to get on the South Downs for some proper riding.

As you can tell, I didn't sell it in the end. I had some stupid offers and one offer I was nearly tempted with but decided to keep it, and haven't regretted it.

Back