Retrobike National Series Rd 4: Yorkshire Dales - Aftermath

Really enjoyed the ride despite crashing twice, the first one was a nice high side with John right behind me, landed on my back not a mark on me however the second crash was harsh, the ground swallowed the front wheel then I got slammed into the rocks, just a bit battered and bruised, the bike needs a front wheel rebuild, the hub is knackered :oops: Any way need to thank Giant one for getting me up on my feet and mark two tone for checking me over, thanks to everyone who made the effort to come along it was an excellent day out I am sure this will become one of our regular rides, see you all soon :D

looks like a great route, and a good time had by all.
hopefully i'll have the car all road legal for the next ride.

Bit late posting up on this one as I've just got back from doing the Manchester to Blackpool ride on my 93 Apex singlespeed.

Really great ride in the Dales yesterday. Top quality route and thankfully some great weather.
I'll sort out my photos tomorrow and post up some more thoughts...

Probably the best bit about the ride?

641c62b1.jpg

Just googled clenching and top decking :roll: :LOL:

Amazing what riding old bikes teaches you, last year it was docking wasn't it :LOL:

i have these for every single mile i have rode in the past 18 months :oops: :LOL:

never post up but will do if people find it interesting, can compare things then :D :cool: ;)

will be handy for recces

I love looking at this sort of data it would be nice to have them in every aftermath.

Back