RETRO REFURB ADVICE NEEDED

lol, looks like i need some advice on posting pics first...

this forum doesn't work like others.

bear with me

edit:

cheers jones, but i still can't get it to work for some reason... perhaps you can remove the upside down one.

not reading good things about Mario Vaz.

Plenty of spray shops here in Norwich that can do amazing work on cars etc. Might speak to them.

make sure you use (borrow?) the correct crank puller for that Stronglight chainset else you'll strip the extraction threads!

Could it say Hineson the downtube?

Either way, it looks much too nice to do a budget resto on: those lugs and the top of the seat stays would look gorgeous if they were picked-out properly.

no, it's deffo says hinds (of Clapham)

The frame is a Holdsworth

yeah it could look awesome with a good paintjob, this is why i want to get a good spray down.

I'm thinking a light pistachio green BIANCHI style colour, with white detailing.

Catch 22 :)

I wouldn't powdercoat that frame or go to a garage.

You have a frame that's well worthy of a proper repaint which means stove enameled and lug lined. Unfortunately a good job won't be cheap. There is plenty of choice though: Ellis Briggs, Argos, Mercian, Brian Rourke, Dave Yates or Bob Jackson but its going to be around £130-£150

It will be worth it though :)

i don't mind spending £130-150 on the spray job, that's more like the amount i had expected to spend. :D

thankyou for those names above, that's exactly the kind of info i was after from joining this forum :)

Bob Jackson prices look ok. sending a few emails out now.

bg2":hzw1dg9h said:
no, it's deffo says hinds (of Clapham)

The frame is a Holdsworth
Sorry: dipping in and out of threads, I forget what I've already read!

bg2":hzw1dg9h said:
yeah it could look awesome with a good paintjob, this is why i want to get a good spray down.

I'm thinking a light pistachio green BIANCHI style colour, with white detailing.
That sounds very classy and exactly what it deserves.

Back