Early Saracen Lovers Anonymous......

The trekker xt in my signature is my most recent build from eBay. But I have another frame on its way.

Mine are probably all a bit mongrel for most people's taste, but I like their versatility!

K2Orange.jpg

And this week with bounce for the hard, dry, trails of summer - so, all my fault then!

K2Bounce.jpg

Hi Guys, total newbie to forums so please forgive me if I c**k this up a bit.

Stumbled across this thread whilst looking for info on a '99? Frenzy frame I still have and plan to get running again.

Main reason for my post is that I worked for Saracen back in the 90's so may have a bit of useful inside knowledge (patchy at best though, almost 20 years since I started there!)

Hmmm. I think it's a Kili Comp in Tange Prestige - it is one of a few that have been around in blue and white and with the "S" in the end of the top tube filled in. Paint job was like my other identical one before a previous owner powdered it all white:

K1Bfly3.jpg

They have Ritchey rear drop outs (and indeed a batch were implied as BEING Ritcheys a few years ago). From c. 1996? There are others on here who know better than I probably - I just llike them!

Hi all; sorry to hijack the discussion a little, but I have a decal-related query & was hoping this would be THE place to ask!

Does anyone know if you can get hold of spare/re-issued frame decals for 90's Saracens...? I have recently acquired a '97 Hardtrax (Silver) and while the paintwork is STILL in good nick;), the decals are less so..

So just wondering whether anyone knows if there are old piles of them lying around anywhere, were they 'saved' from the factory? Would Madison have any, or does/can anyone custom-make them?

Any and all help gratefully received!!!

Back