help me ID my GT

cmw90

Dirt Disciple
Feedback
View
I got this from the great ebay for £25...

http://s1139.photobucket.com/albums/n54 ... 1QQtppZZ16

It came with
deore 9speed shifters
deore rm
shimano Vs and levers
shimano right crank arm with gold specialized pedal
cheep plastic covered steel left crank arm with plastic pedal :shock:
zoom quill stem that was near bonded to the forks(had to be drill out):shock:
applo bolt on front wheel :?
bikehut carbon seatpost :D
old gt bars :D
selle san marco race gel saddle :D
deore lx fm FD-M567 :D
XT deore 1 1.8 threaded headset!!!!! :D
alivio FH-MC12 on Campagnolo ELBRUS 18510ft
manitou 2 easton e9

Iv put all the other parts on since getting it

Pics would help as would frame number and any number stamped on the rear drop outs

sylus":110vbfco said:
Pics would help as would frame number and any number stamped on the rear drop outs

I did put it in first but I must of deleted it be for I started doing the description :facepalm:

94ish Avalanche? hope thats not part of someones finger you're playing with in the first pics :?

Agree - 94ish Avalanche... I think they came with that flavour of LX crank in 94...

Great buy for £25...! The mech hangers usually go for a tenner plus post!

:cool: :cool:

yh 1994 iv been told the forks are 1993 and the 1st pic is what was i scraped of the in side of the fork lol. i was hoping it wasnt an avalanche but hay cant complain for £25. will put some pics up soon of the finished project.

All alu GTs had top tube gusset up to 1995. Bottom tube gusset does apply to 96 models and later so your frame seems to be 96 onward. However frame has welded canti stop so I'm pretty certain it's 96. It can be Avalanche or any 7005 aluminium GT. Good frame none the less. Serial doesn't help here as they're rather random product line numbers in opposite to US made frames. Last four numbers appear to be month and year but they are definitely not.

Manitou 2's are from 93 alright.

I agree with Radoslaw on this one. The gusset configuration at the head tube points to 1996 onwards and the frame number on the 7000 series frames doesn't have the same obvious month and date like on Zaskars.

It could well be an Avalanche, but could equally be a Backwoods, Terramoto or Tempest.

Back