Retrobike National Series Rd 4: Yorkshire Dales - Aftermath

thanks evryone ;brill day
was looking at my arms last night ;at the sunburn.
good route full of evrything.
and learnt a bit about bike handling and maintainence lol
pump them tyres up
cost another pair of white socks :D
cheers vern and mark another great day out

Definately one of the best rides ever, even though it did finish me off towards the end! A big thank you to the organisers, everything ran smoothly - especially Vern for sorting the food and Marc for the awards!

See you all again soon.

Looks great, Loving EP's ride...

No chance of me making it after my jolly boys outing to Silverstone on Friday.... Rob, you should have seen the car parks there!

Hopefully out for the next one...

Loved the ride, it wasn't too hard or too easy, too long or wished there was more.
The wet made it interesting and fun and kept you alert. It was warm so getting wet wasn't a problem.

Also taking the bike home cleaner than it went is a bonus.

A lot of you missed a real ride, this aint no purpose made trail centre.

pepper pig":36be5c1a said:
Everyone likes jumping in muddy puddles!

Good job Vern and Mark on the route - many thanks. Overdressed considering the clemment, non biblical conditions and on inspection this morning a slight browning of ones arms.
Splendid traveling - manythanks HC.
De clagged the bike and all good. That said its still not clean and water in rims - again.

Great coffe and cake at the shoppe. However, mental note, don't have a coffee with an extra shot at 6:30pm.

Looks great, Loving EP's ride...

No chance of me making it after my jolly boys outing to Silverstone on Friday.... Rob, you should have seen the car parks there!

Hopefully out for the next one...

Great days riding thanks to everyone for a great route and great company

food stop was great and the cow licking the handle bar grip was brilliant, looking forward to some pics of that.

Thanks also for the prize, the wife has not killed me but there was a tense moment as I pulled up onto the drive and she eyed up the day glow frame resting in the van

I will do the Trek proud and bring it out on a future Retro ride, cheers Marc

My pics, sorry not so many

070720121189.jpg

070720121190.jpg

070720121193.jpg

070720121191.jpg

070720121194.jpg

still looking at a filthy bike and cannot raise the energy to clean it :)

i was pleased to give the ms racing an outing although not perfectly suited to me, to honour the national series.

A big thanks to vern, stex for route sorting. so nice that close to 20 riders made it on saturday despite the current weather problems although, the route was carefully monitored for such issues.

i'm aching all over today! too much work and lack of play brings this on you know ;).

sweet techy descents
lunch grub.
no mechanical failures.
good company.
no rain.
cantis that stop forward motion.

dis-likes.
cold water/sweat running into nettle stings. that's it.

With some hard work put in on the climbs this ride is fantastic, must visit again someday. carpark was a lido but, we all got in :cool:

rode to success.

PICT0003.jpg

PICT0005-1.jpg

PICT0007-1.jpg

bad knee my foot
:D

PICT0010-2.jpg

PICT0013-1.jpg

PICT0014-1.jpg

PICT0015-1.jpg

kenaltobelli had a rippin' time

PICT0016-1.jpg

kaya enjoyed saltymans' cruise machine.

PICT0020-1.jpg

PICT0021-1.jpg

PICT0022.jpg

PICT0023.jpg

girvins on smokestone. not bad :cool:

PICT0027.jpg

soaking up the scenery.

PICT0030-1.jpg

PICT0032-1.jpg

john cruises the dales.

PICT0036-1.jpg

time for din-dins.

PICT0039-1.jpg

PICT0042-2.jpg

good choice daisy!

PICT0048-2.jpg

tasty!

PICT0050-4.jpg

good laugh, see you all again. :cool:

I had 11hrs sleep, woke up at 12 noon :shock:

Welcome relief after weeks of 3-4hrs kip.....guess climbing those hills on a 35lb bike does that, huge fun though, despite it being modern.

Think I used about 10 buckets of water on the surly today, what a mess!

Looks like another quality ride ....what rain eh , sad to of missed this one now ! Well done chaps. Loving that Marin :cool:

Back