The *NOT BORING!* Hi-Fi faff chat and sales

Got my fav Walkman today. WM-7 it was the first to be auto-reverse & have a remote control. Cost £100 BITD

No headphones yet

legrandefromage":3j83nqoe said:

Alas it needs to be repaired. Has power, works for a few seconds then stops.

Will sell my other Walkman to pay to fix this one. As this was my last Walkman. Had one when they first came out.

Looks like my Cassette deck is a foreign machine as the repair web site doesn't know it.
Hence why it had a 2 pin plug :roll:

I am currently looking for upgrade in some speakers. Got some wharfedale diamond 9.0 running in digital stereo on teac amp. Looking for something bigger with better bass and clarity. Been looking on ebay for heybrook hb2 2000 series (no luck, as I thought they were good). Had a pair of castles but one cone was blown and too expensive to repair. Either looking new or 2nd hand, budget wise £250 (been looking at monitor audio bx2, tannoy v1 and wharfedale 10.1/10.2). Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks

I'm glad these are in the USA otherwise i'd be bidding. Temptation :LOL:

legrandefromage":1twdrtks said:
Would you hate me if you knew I turned a set of these down?

:LOL: Yes. The problem the amp. Have to spend large £££ just to power them properly.
Their is anther pair of the Caliper Signature for sale in Kent collection only.

tintin40":umgho3md said:
legrandefromage":umgho3md said:
Would you hate me if you knew I turned a set of these down?

:LOL: Yes. The problem the amp. Have to spend large £££ just to power them properly.
Their is anther pair of the Caliper Signature for sale in Kent collection only.

Exactly why I turned them down.

tintin40":vimt24s8 said:
ANy body know if it's possible to change the plug on my headphones (left) to the socket on the right so that i can use my walkman remote with these headphones as i blew my phones up going to loud :oops:

So you want that weird connector on the right fitted to your headphones? Yes, it's possible. I wont be pretty as it's a moulded connector so you'd cut if off and reconnect to your headphone lead.

Whats the connector fitted to at the mo?

apache":1h3kmmsn said:
So you want that weird connector on the right fitted to your headphones? Yes, it's possible. I wont be pretty as it's a moulded connector so you'd cut if off and reconnect to your headphone lead.

Whats the connector fitted to at the mo?

Sounds like i haven't blown the headphones. Selling this walkman now. As have to many.
Thanks

Back