Another Colnago Master Olympic (stealth)

Tuckerjenkins

Senior Retro Guru
I traded in my blue master olympic and bought this frame and forks and have just finished the build.
Not to everyone's tastes i'm sure but i love it!
The frame has a number hanger so maybe an old team frame?
The lighter colour is acutally a dusky pink but i took the pic with my phone so it's not true to life.
I just got the wheels made for me at Paul Hewitt in Leyland - they're super light and are Black record hubs, Black DT swiss Revolution spokes, Black Campagnolo Omega rims and Mavic SSC tyres.

I'm taking it out on it's maiden voyage tomorrow - the Liverpool - chester - Liverpool 90 mile ride (and another 7 each way from to the start and home after so my first century awaits!)

Will get some better pics up when i buy a camera next week :cool:

002-1.jpg

Very nice. The mainly-all black parts work well as they allow the frame to stand out, as opposed to a lot of multi-coloured frames where the parts just create a kaleidescope.

Could you tell me what bottle cage they are, please? (I'm guessing King ti). Also what bars?

Thanks.

hi,
thanks for the compliments .
The cages look like Ti but aren't - i need to check on the make as i got them a while back.
The bars are Deda 215 Shallow 26.0 clamp.
Theyr'e available in black or silver.

That's a very classy build, the parts suit the frame very well. When I saw "stealth" in the title I thought it was going to be matt black with gloss black lettering or something, but the colours stand out really well on that.

That is just stunningly beautiful, and worthy of a serious photoset with a digital camera.

How dare you insult this bike with phone pics...OldMutha...you'll lose guru status if you keep on like this...heresy!

Love it!

How did your first Century go? Coincidentally, I was doing mine on SUnday - MCR-Blackpool-MCR on a late 80's Harry Hall...

Thanks for all the kind comments - i'll definately do some better pictures as the colours are subtle but striking.

My first century went amazingly well - the actual sportive was 90 miles - Liverpool, Chester, delamere forest Chester , Liverpool and was a pretty flat and scenic course . I rode the 90 in 5hrs 45 and rode 7 miles to the start and 7 back home so 104 in total.
I felt like i could've ridden a bit longer but must admit to a bit of chafing :oops:

mrkawasaki":rym7rga9 said:
How did your first Century go? Coincidentally, I was doing mine on SUnday - MCR-Blackpool-MCR on a late 80's Harry Hall...
Sunday weather was great too! How was your ride?

Back