Lidl Powerfix Bike Workstand - £29.99

general opinion among mates who have tried them is that it isnt as good as my park, but it isnt in any way bad value at £30

Never really considered the thin tubes of the frame when clamping a bike in. Mind you, I never bother using a bike stand but probably should get one :roll:

I would also like to think that someone with a bike that has top tube routed cables would twig not to clamp it there, but I know it can slip peoples minds I guess!!

I agree by clamping by the seapost. Also if there is any grit in the clamp you can sratch that paint work.

There are quite obvious warnings in the destruction (sic) booklet about making sure the clamp and frame are free of grit and not to over tighten.
The clamps not a bad shape to be fair, it's kind of a < > shape and it clears the brake cable on my heavy old GT and the brake hose on my Saracen. To be able to clamp the seat tube it will need a few holes putting through the top tube to allow a locating pin.
But for £30 I'm well happy.

Netto is like a scandinavian cash and carry without the luxuries! :LOL: They don't even bother unloading the pallets, just dump em on the shop floor :shock:

Chopper1192":1fyuz8hu said:
Lidls? The cheapo Scandinavian supermarket? Upmarket from Netto, down from Aldi.

Think Lidl & Aldi are about even around here (they do vary a bit around the country). I don't think they allow Netto in these parts, attract the wrong sort of people..... :LOL:

Back