Modern hardtails?

I've just built up an on one 456 and the quality is really good, the rear triangle looks really nice and it's pretty light. Only ridden it down the street (no brakes yet) and it felt very nice, and that's with rigid forks. Im sure they can take pretty much anything from 100mm up to 150mm as well.

jskdog":1csarj2w said:
I've just built up an on one 456 and the quality is really good, the rear triangle looks really nice and it's pretty light. Only ridden it down the street (no brakes yet) and it felt very nice, and that's with rigid forks. Im sure they can take pretty much anything from 100mm up to 150mm as well.
Yes a OnOne 456 can take from 100-150mm forks, they work best at ~130mm though

OnOne tend to be long in the top tube and you run a short stem, so the OP might need to try a 16" for size before committing his hard earned

Yeah good point, being 6'3 I thought the frame looked small (17" ctc but 20" ctt) but the long top tube makes it feel very comfy for me, but I do have long gorilla arms. Im guessing you need a smaller size then what you usually ride with one of these.

Try look for a second hand RM blizzard. They go pretty cheap some times. Really great handling frame,very agile. Mine is retired now,used for almost ten years,still going strong.

I've an On-one 456 Summer Season and can't fault it.
I'm 6' 1" and have an 18" frame. The top-tubes are long so I'd go for a 16" if you decided to try one.
The frame feels spot on for sizing. I've changed the stem once or twice to try out reach (50mm and 80mm). Currently got an 80 on it with wide(ish) risers, 711mm.

Attachments

• On-one 456 medium.jpg
    On-one 456 medium.jpg
    201.9 KB · Views: 201
I've made the jump and have a frame on the way. Not steel as planned but it is modern, disc and a hardtail.

It should be the right size and build up as a light bike that I won't be too worried about it getting cosmetic damage.

Thanks for all the suggestions and advice.

Back