2012 Time Trial Season

Mid Week TT

OK, VC Long Eaton midweek two up TT near Nottingham, managed 26 dead on the Mercian with mate on normal road bike (no tri bars obviously). Beat quite a few carbon low pro pairings!!

Interesting that heart rate was around 170 when on the front, dropping to 150 when slip streaming (first year with HRM, sorry for geekiness)

http://app.strava.com/rides/12581217

TT

I would be in the Tour is I could do that distance in 26 mins! 32km was total ride, TT itself was 10 miles. Just had Garmin on the whole evening!!

26 minutes for a 10 miler is not abd at all. My PB is 29mins dead for 10 miles. A bit more trinaing needed I think.

Re: Mid Week TT

Matt_wood55":2zkcns53 said:
OK, VC Long Eaton midweek two up TT near Nottingham, managed 26 dead on the Mercian with mate on normal road bike (no tri bars obviously). Beat quite a few carbon low pro pairings!!

Interesting that heart rate was around 170 when on the front, dropping to 150 when slip streaming (first year with HRM, sorry for geekiness)

http://app.strava.com/rides/12581217

Nice result - one in the eye for the modernistas!

Mark.

Just ridden the Calder Clarion 29k (around 18miles?) which does 2 laps of the (quite hilly) 10 course. I have to admit that I rode my 'modern' Bianchi with a pair of Spinacci bars fitted as I wanted to give myself as much chance as possible to beat the Calder age related 'Gold Standard' time for the distance which is 53.35. I managed it comfortably with 51.18 and finished 12th out of 25 so I'm quite happy. My brain is to tired to work out what this equates to for a 10 :roll:

Old Ned":2113hsx7 said:
Just ridden the Calder Clarion 29k (around 18miles?) which does 2 laps of the (quite hilly) 10 course. I have to admit that I rode my 'modern' Bianchi with a pair of Spinacci bars fitted as I wanted to give myself as much chance as possible to beat the Calder age related 'Gold Standard' time for the distance which is 53.35. I managed it comfortably with 51.18 and finished 12th out of 25 so I'm quite happy. My brain is to tired to work out what this equates to for a 10 :roll:

28:30.

daccordimark":5fb0ej08 said:
Old Ned":5fb0ej08 said:

28:30.

Thanks Mark, I thought it was around that so even that is better than the 10 Gold Standard of 28.38 for 60+. If it had been a 10 last night I reckon that, without the 2nd lap, I would have done around 27.30'ish so lost some time 2nd time around. It was quite windy.

I was windy tonight and wet so all amanaged on the Acton 8.5mile course was 24:12. I was hoping for a 23 minute time but alas I will have to do more trinaing for that.

Only my second race of the year last night on the P841 '10' course in West Sussex (basically Funtington into Chichester city centre and back), 26th place out of 41 finishers on a warm and fairly breeze-free summer evening in 26mins 25sec, one of my best times on that course and certainly my best without any aero aids (see below). Quite pleased with that due to being woefully under-raced this summer thanks to work and weather. More so as my Ribble 653 was the oldest machine there by a long chalk, the only steel frame there too, and the only bike without tri-bars! Also, the time clocked suggests that fitness-wise I'm about where I need to be for the impending CX season, which is my main racing focus. :)

David

Back