Holdsworth forks query

Aaron76

Dirt Disciple
Hi everyone,

first time post so please be gentle!

I've spied a Holdsworth track frame on eBay that I'm interested in properly restoring into a single speed setup, its just down the road from me too and the right size. Would anybody be able to tell me if the forks look original to the frame - to my eyes they don't seem right.

The owner has invited me over to take a look - he didn't provide any details when I asked about serial numbers on the forks and frame. Do you think the forks are earlier than the frame? Bit of a mismatch?

Thanks for any information!

Aaron

The auctions no is: 180921744667

The forks are of the right era and design, front and rear dropouts have mudguard eyes typical of a training frame (as opposed to a pure track frame)......... whether they were made together won't make much difference.

Shaun

Could also be a Holdsworthy Claud Butler...need to ask the seller the seatpost size as that is indicative of the tubing...27.2mm or 27.0mm it will most probably be 531 DB but any less.....26.8mm 26.6mm or 26.4mm......then it is likely to be plain guage 531...will give a good ride but heavier......and i'm with Shaun.....the forks go with the frame but of little consequence if they are the originals....which might have perished in a crash etc.

Nervex lugs, whether they match probably doesn't matter (as said) , but if the number on the steerer is the same as the frame then they are matching.

Probably 531 maintubes only though.

Mr Vulcan knows a great deal about frame identity!

Rk.

roadking":268ei6zq said:
Mr Vulcan knows a great deal about frame identity!

Rk.

Mr Vulcan [but you can call me Spock] has had lots of experience with frame identity issues and not solved any of them!

The seller informs me the frame has the serial number of 5876 but sadly the forks aren't numbered.

This, I think, puts the frame closer to the late 1940's, early 50's than 1967 that is specified...from what I've seen online it could be a Cyclone model but I don't think the forks are original.

Aaron76":21wt5jga said:
The seller informs me the frame has the serial number of 5876 but sadly the forks aren't numbered.

This, I think, puts the frame closer to the late 1940's, early 50's than 1967 that is specified...from what I've seen online it could be a Cyclone model but I don't think the forks are original.

If you are happy with that bid for it...otherwise either wait or look elsewhere...eg LFGSS.

Back