89 DIAMOND BACK FRAMESET..

bitd the day, my mates brother had one, stripped it down to the bare steel frame them stuck some marin titanium stickers on - lol, those were the days

I have some part worn tyres in the loft and I'm pretty sure there is a Farmer John/Cousin combo. Will have a look next time I go up there. No idea what condition they will be in though.

mattbrown":3kczzj5p said:
no prob, does anyone remember the DB that had the grey smoke effect all over, wasnt that an axis??
Yes, I had one second hand to replace my Karakoram which was stolen. Then I got it back :twisted:
I was a philostine to the Axis, sprayed it red, then hammerited it black before I knew any better. To top it off, I killed it with an angle grinder and now all I have left of it is the bb shell with an XT bb in it :oops: If only I knew then what I know now.

I had one of those!

Gave it away to someone as a hack bike way back when and they got is stolen. I wish I could rebuy and rebuild one.

Lovely frame, go build! (but be wary of the rather twitchy handling from that fork!)

Yep..

Carlos the Slackal":ouphgf17 said:
I had one of those!

Gave it away to someone as a hack bike way back when and they got is stolen. I wish I could rebuy and rebuild one.

Lovely frame, go build! (but be wary of the rather twitchy handling from that fork!)
:roll: :(

Yep, i remember jumping something on my original one and falling off badly....The 150mm stem didnt help :roll: Or was it 500mm cant remember :roll:

it is so, going to get built :D Amazing nostalgicness on this one....

That bike brings back a lot of memories :) My first mtb was a similarly massive 22.5" red DB Ascent EX which came out just before the one you've got there with a U brake & Deore LX groupset (seem to remember I had a frame bag on mine too :LOL: ),think I was about 13 so about 1987?.I bent that bike up pretty bad before I moved on to a Proflex 750.But that DB got me hooked on biking for life.Happy days.... Can't wait to see it built up!!

Back