British Steel

Rod_Saetan":3ibgy7jm said:
My Overburys is a later frame, designed around a sus fork I think, 1 1/8" head tube, lighter tube set than the 90's ones I have seen/felt, canti hanger, no chainstay bridge, no rack/mudguard eyelets, cut away dropouts, braze-ons for a chainsuck plate a la Bontrager and forward facing seat clamp.

Roly.

Do you have a frame number by any chance, or better still a couple of pictures you could post...?

I would be very pleased to see it, if at all possible. Also do you have an idea what year it was made...?

carl.

sinnerman":3qsobksv said:
Roly.

Do you have a frame number by any chance, or better still a couple of pictures you could post...?

I would be very pleased to see it, if at all possible. Also do you have an idea what year it was made...?

carl.

Carl, you're drooling all over your keyboard... and don't forget to breathe... in...out...in...out, slowly in...out....

Rod_Saetan":3ce7lqk8 said:
It has no frame number, I'll do some pics next week as I'm currently on foreign shore. I think its a 92/93.

wow, now i am intregued, i was informed, that many didnt get stamped, however, there were some, that would have born the mark of either, PR1 and/or OB1.

have a safe trip mate, and i look forward to seeing pics when you get chance, a little further info, the early ones were suppose to have had Crud catcher mounts... :?

After looking at all these e stay frames I cant help but think that with the advent of top swing front mechs there could be some mileage in the old idea. Anybody know of a rigid mid height e stay that runs a top swing?

futuristicoldman":32nymeee said:
After looking at all these e stay frames I cant help but think that with the advent of top swing front mechs there could be some mileage in the old idea. Anybody know of a rigid mid height e stay that runs a top swing?

It's not steel, but the Bigfoot runs a top pull front mech. Or a least mine does (will).

futuristicoldman":3h28ep3t said:

My RM has a top swing bottom pull front mech.

Sorry for tut delay.

Plenty of scratches and marks but not beyond saving, although it may get a repaint anyway; Odd 'Overburys' decals (as in it has no apostrophe); no model name decals, or marks/fading to show there were any; fully fillet brazed; no rack/mudguard provision; all 3 cables routed along the top tube; cut-away dropouts (unstamped); rear der cable routed along the bottom of DS seat stay
IMAGE_CA247C26-6675-4FBF-855B-EDF73AAF407F.JPG

Braze-ons for chainsuck plate (sadly missing, a Bontrager one does not fit); no chainstay brace.
IMAGE_C36E32C1-2302-4566-A8CD-149F54BF1C88.JPG

Forward facing seat clamp with neat titanium bolt; slotted canti hanger; seat stay brace
IMAGE_659DC573-9162-48E4-B8DD-6D104690ACD3.JPG

neat S bend stays; plenty of clearance.
IMAGE_C31AA2AF-1374-4B04-8E7A-759C1E8B7D76.JPG

Purple metallic paint that I have seen on two other older Overbury's before, needs a polish!
IMAGE_E247308B-2599-4E93-8A20-BFE201F511E7.JPG

Thoughts?

Back