Olympic Gold, US Open, Wimbledon and now the US Open Again!

makster":1wr3l5r8 said:
he's a complete bell end. All the personality and charisma of a tea towel.
Hope Roger rogers him

Totally agree. Dour, miserable Sweaty. If he wins, we'll never hear the f'ing end of it.

Do you think he might let loose a glimmer of a smile if he manages something no british man has done since 1936?
No neither do I :LOL: :LOL:

highlandsflyer":3nzxqmqs said:
The irony of all this is that tennis in the UK is in a worse state than it was five years ago, despite Henman and Murray.

Good point there, little point having performers at the top level if there's little in the way of a "grass roots" set-up to ensure that capable young successors continue to prosper. Pretty much every other player's failure (Jonathan Marray in the doubles aside) to make any great impact on the 2012 tournament says a great deal. Methinks they could learn a thing or two from British Cycling where bringing young talent through the system's concerned.

David

Agree 100%. Perhaps the Olympics will shift the focus more to playing tennis for the British team rather than as an individual, and stimulate more interest from those who might otherwise fall to football or the like.

So many tennis players are keen footballers, I can understand that having been mad on both but equally successful at each.

I wonder how many young lads will watch Wimbledon tomorrow, versus how many will watch a bunch of cars spinning around a circuit?

Ho hum.

Federer wins, I'm a happy man :D
Just can't stand Murray's facial expressions, looks like a spoiled kid that doesn't get what he wants.
Roger rules!!

Murray lost to the best tennis player ever, no shame in that. Just remember the way Federer murdered Djokovic in the semi-final.

He's got all the tennis ability you need to win a major, but IMO the thing that lets him down is the way he shows his negative side in matches. If you show your opponent that you're hurting it gives him a boost and I think that that is something Lendl should work on.

Everyone has things that go wrong at some time and champions know how to accept them and move on. Murray must learn that if he is to take the next step.

I've no problem with his personality, that's just him at work, off court he's good bloke.

gerryattrick":22bmkk9h said:
Murray lost to the best tennis player ever, no shame in that. Just remember the way Federer murdered Djokovic in the semi-final.

He's got all the tennis ability you need to win a major, but IMO the thing that lets him down is the way he shows his negative side in matches. If you show your opponent that you're hurting it gives him a boost and I think that that is something Lendl should work on.

Everyone has things that go wrong at some time and champions know how to accept them and move on. Murray must learn that if he is to take the next step.

I've no problem with his personality, that's just him at work, off court he's good bloke.

Have to agree on that ^ still don't like his "work" attitude though ;)

A thoroughly excellent match, imho.

Murray played out of his skin in the first set and a half.

Then out of nowhere, Fed snatched the 2nd set, and didn't really look back. The 18 minute game in the third was the pivotal moment for the match, after that, Fed knew he had him.

I was very impressed with the way Murray played, but Fed does have this ability to learn a player's game and once he does, you're kinda fighting the tide.. ;)

:D

Back