Sabbath

highlandsflyer

Retro Wizard
Feedback
View
Some tv show on now, where they isolated Geezer's bass and, my goodness, what a player!

What a band.

It is weird how many of the greatest rock bands of all time are British.

The Who are my favourite.

Anyone else a rock nut?

Used to love Sabbath, still do really. Tony Iommi was a guitar god to me in my teens!, Over and Over was almost spiritual :oops: -Vol.4s always in the draw

Listened to a fair bit when I was younger but grew out of it.

Geezer Butler is criminally under rated though. Great player.

Juniors Eyes always seems to be the bass line if find myself trying to play if someones got a bass. Funky!
Didn't Geezer play a transparent guitar?, seem to remember thinking it was cool

Never was a Who or Sabbath fan. The Who just never appealed to me and I just can't stand that Ozzy character.

Mainly 80's and early 90's rock and hair metal here, although I listen to more modern stuff as well.

Arguably it sounds better the older it gets because your hearing gets worse the older you get............sorry ;)

Yes we lose a little edge on our hearing, but plenty of yoof knacker their lugs long before age has any effect. I still have a fairly decent upper range, thanks to using protection when it mattered and nature.

A friend of mine spent thirty years on the road playing guitar and it is painful listening to him play now, he plays with far too much treble. Not so bad live as his monitor mix is not being imposed on our ears.

Most of my personal listening is jazz, classical and folk.

Never loud.

I have a huge collection of old jazz mags.

Back