Olympic Gold, US Open, Wimbledon and now the US Open Again!

LMAO!

Joke--o-vitch, as McEnroe insists on pronouncing it despite everyone else getting it right, played phenomenally but truly seemed to be playing by numbers rather than mixing it up the way I expected he might to beat Fed.

Perhaps his play has become a little formulaic, understandable as it is a winning formula, and he forgot the react to a player that wasn't crumbling.

I though that would have gone to five, hoping actually to give Murray better odds.

Ah, we will see.

TBH, Would be nice if the lad won, trouble is, Federer seems to have found his mojo at exactly the best/worst moment............

Last two matches, looked like the perfect tennis robot.........

C'MON ANDY :cool:

I reckon his chances are a lot better than most are suggesting.

Still a stretch. I am quietly confident, and certain it will not be his last GS final. The Ferrer match was especially enlightening.

Just to clarify, in case anyone is still in doubt about that daft hate campaign...

"Forgive me if you've heard this before, but before the last World Cup finals I interviewed Murray and Tim Henman together for the first time. Murray was late joining the conversation and dropped into his chair midway through a chat about the impending football World Cup.

Naturally, we immediately teased him about Scotland's absence from the competition. As Henman snorted with laughter, I asked Murray what he would be doing while we all watched the World Cup. Reading a good book, perhaps?

With the appropriate degree of sarcasm, Murray replied by saying he would be 'supporting whoever England were playing against'. So we mocked him some more and moved on. It appeared as a transcript in this paper, exactly as the conversation took place, and the entire exchange was obviously a joke."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-1194310/DES-KELLY-For-time--Scot-Andy-Murray-traitor.html

I have made similar sarcastic responses before, yet I am an avid England fan.

:)

I really do hope he beats Fed to the title. We really need it, and love him or hate him, he's the most talented brit tennis player of the modern game.

The Queen's had her seat booked all year you know, so I'm still quietly confident in the statement I made on page 1. :D

As soon as Nadal got knocked out, I knew.... ;)

How much do I have to pay to use the Queen's seat?

I wonder if Philip uses it any more.

Federer could be around another five years, longevity seems to be increasing in sports stars. I hope he considers that and decides to let Andy have one of his precious slams.

Someone said Andy has no balls.

Maybe it was me.

He certainly showed he had balls against Bagdhatis, dropping them out of his shorts so he was.

The irony of all this is that tennis in the UK is in a worse state than it was five years ago, despite Henman and Murray.

I am not sure what difference it would make if Murray wins Wimbledon.

If it happens, all the detractors will merely move on to suggest he won't win another, and only won it because blah, blah, blah...

Seems the real problem with sports in the UK is we cannot really get behind our sports men and women for more than a week or so when there is a major competition, the rest of the time we pull them to pieces and undermine them.

We still produce major sports stars, so perhaps it is a good thing. It certainly works for the music and arts arenas, the music press and its constant berating artists seems to stimulate achievement.

I wonder if Murray had the unconditional support Nadal has had, over the years by his country people, nation or whatever, whether he might have settled earlier in his career and achieved more.

They just don't have that culture of tearing people down in Spain.

Lol.

If nothing else, we have some reason to watch on Sunday with the expectation of something special, whether it be a 7th for Fed or a 1st for Mint.

I will be content either way, and incontinent later.

Back