GT Zaskar LE 1996

hedgehog

Devout Dirtbag
Bit of an eclectic mix of parts, but has built into a light and responsive road/light trail bike. The decals aren't quite correct, but is one of the best condition frames of this type I have ever had. Comprises of Kona P2 forks, Crossmax Enduro wheels, Arch Rival/DX brakes with LX levers, mid 90s LX rear mech, XT front, Alivio crank, and a few more modern finishing parts such as RF carbon bars, Kooka stem and MG1 pedals.

zred-1.jpg

zred-2.jpg

zred-3.jpg

zred-4.jpg

zred-5.jpg

zred-6.jpg

zred-7.jpg

zred-8.jpg

zred-b.jpg

A vertiable hotch-potch of parts, but they seem to work well together on the build.. :cool:

Goes like the proverbial **** lol. I have a ball burnished 96 LE too, going to build that back up too.

Is that not a 97? Like mine? And per the 1997 catalogue? What is the frame number?

Anyway, I like the build. Bet its bloody light.

Starts 0196, Aye, is bloody light! AFAIK they did a limited run of red anodized 96 LE frames, though could be wrong. The date suggests Jan 96 though.

I havent looked at the catalogue, but you could well be right. It is a Jan 1996 by those numbers.

Anyway, I built mine rigid for a while and it weighed nothing. Loved it, love it more with Z2s though.

I have a set of Judy C that I might put on - did have some Indy SL but are sadly damaged so have sold for spares. The P2s are surprisingly forgiving though, but do flutter a bit, especially when braking.

Back