Olympic Gold, US Open, Wimbledon and now the US Open Again!

Like many things in life, you have to be in it to win it.

Sunday is another day.

Mint's head to head versus Fed should give a little crumb of hope, albeit nothing as important as this one.

Fed will be all guns blazing, Handy will need to dig deeper than ever before and then some.

If he pulls it out of the bag, never mind Murray Mound, it will be Murray Mountain.

Whatever happens, this is progress for Murray. The dip in the third and the beginning of the attitude problem was short lived, and even as Tsonga piled on the pressure Murray remained relatively calm.

That is what gives me hope for the next few years.

Regardless of the outcome on Sunday.

I reckon if he takes the first set on Sunday the story may have a great ending.

Federer regaining No.1 and getting a 7th Wimbledon would hardly be a nightmare for anyone who loves tennis.

:)

Be an awesome final eitherway. I do want Tim -I mean Andy :? - to win but fear Federer may likely beat him..Will watch and see on Sun.

It'd be nice to have some sort of sporting glory notched up for GB, this might be it, but whatever happens Andy has walked where only Fred Perry has been before him and it's nice to see how much it means to him. He's done GB proud already. Nice job

dragon ninja":17nb1815 said:
highlandsflyer":17nb1815 said:
dragon ninja":17nb1815 said:
I recall him saying he hated the English some time ago , So I can't understand why we are all routing for him.

I never heard that.

Is their a source?

I was a bit harsh with the word hate your right sorry ,

http://andershanson.wordpress.com/2009/ ... d-comment/

I suppose we all know about that throw away remark, but the hate campaign he has been on the end of it as a result is a little like that hate campaign against Beckam.

He made a wee joke a lot of Scots would make, and as he indicated he has lots of time for England and particularly other British sports stars who hail from England.

Now as to why everyone is supporting him; well they aren't.

Plenty Scots, English, Welsh and Irish could not give a jot about tennis.

Tennis fans worldwide recognise the quality of the lad, and a certain number of them prefer his style to one or two of the others.

Then there are plenty like me who think it is great for British sport in general to have success, whether it is is the English football squad or the Scottish curling squad.

I want to see kids out playing tennis or football rather than sitting glued to X Box or whatever.

Murray's keen participation in Davis Cup and the forthcoming Olympics as part of the British effort should be evidence enough of his attitude to England.

Nuff said I think.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog/2010/jun/20/andy-murray-queen-wimbledon

I don't care about his anti-english comments, I just think he's a complete bell end.
All the personality and charisma of a tea towel.
Hope Roger rogers him

Given Scotland is a seperate entity when it comes to football, I see no anti English sentiment in a Scot making a joke about supporting anyone but England. Just football banter.

He may have come over a little like a wet blanket over the years, but there are little hints here and there of his personality emerging from the subdued countenance he presents.

Remembering Borg was not exactly Mr. Sunshine either, not that Murray stacks up in any other way.

My main issue with Murray has been his on court demeanour, and he seems to be beginning to shed that self defeating approach.

It would indeed be nice to see him relaxing a little more and smiling now and then at least.

Perhaps some have forgotten how McEnroe was in his early days, but again there is no meaningful comparison when it comes to the tennis played.

I don't know how many here would deal with the pressure Murray has been under for more than a decade.

Sure he is a multi millionaire on the back of it; but as much as that would put a smile on my face the attendant expectation and criticism would probably take the edge off now and then.

What a contrast when you see a player like Tsonga, out there playing his game and even on the cusp of defeat he gives a beaming smile to his opponent and puts an arm around him.

Yes, I would love it if Murray had that type of personality.

Yet, for all that sullen brooding angst he produces some brilliant tennis.

I can live with that for now.

'Mon the Mint!

I'm really pleased he's made it to the final.

What the hell happened to Djokovic today, he wasn't focused at all..

Latest posts

Back