Rascal...The Triumverate is Complete!

Good job on your rascal. :cool:
Good choice with 90-92 shimano components. It's funny to see something else than XTR… :LOL:

(What do you think about the control tech brakes ? I've got them on my Merlin. I love the feeling of the front brake, but I couldn't have the good adjustment for the rear, for having the same feeling…)

24pouces":360c9eux said:
Good job on your rascal. :cool:
Good choice with 90-92 shimano components. It's funny to see something else than XTR… :LOL:

(What do you think about the control tech brakes ? I've got them on my Merlin. I love the feeling of the front brake, but I couldn't have the good adjustment for the rear, for having the same feeling…)

I'll have to save my final judgement on the Control Tech brakes until I get the Kooka levers off and replace them with the Reals. Plan is for the weekend, so I'll let you know. I've got some limited experience with the Control Techs, so I was surprised to find out how bad they felt with the Kooka levers.

UPDATE!

Done. Ritchey Logic levers, Deore DX cantilevers and NOS Continental tires.

Attachments

• IMAG0028small.JPG
    IMAG0028small.JPG
    486.2 KB · Views: 382
Very Tidy ;)

You're nearly as slow as me at building bikes, although you have a long way to go before you userp my King Of Sloths Bike Builder crown..... :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

neilll":35wup2oy said:
Very Tidy ;)

You're nearly as slow as me at building bikes, although you have a long way to go before you userp my King Of Sloths Bike Builder crown..... :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Be proud of your patience, Grasshoppa.

Besides, I still have the Brodie, the Rocky Mountain Avalanche, and the Yokota to build.

Although I think the Rocky is on its way to the sale rack along with the blue EWR. :cry: :D

utahdog2003":k8f1c723 said:
Although I think the Rocky is on its way to the sale rack along with the blue EWR. :cry: :D

The Avalanche is very sweet but in a Rocky vs. Brodie throwdown I know where I would be placing my bets :mrgreen:

Three years to put on new cantis and levers? :-D

Well I feel much better now having spent more than six months buying parts for my builds......

Anyway the bike looks great and I love the fact that you built it with solid equipment for riding!

.....what I don't get is the general hostility against Klein. They are great bikes and even though other people might have other preferences it should not keep them from acknowledging the quality of Klein bikes.

Nice Rascal build that, I sold a Pinnacle only recently to a local RBr in the same colour.

As for slow builds, I have been buying parts for my Funk for four years now and still need a piece or two, have also almost accumulated three other full bikes which are currently in boxes and bags as they arrived, one day one day!

Back