Lidl Powerfix Bike Workstand - £29.99

I got one too, great for the cash.

I was there at 8am, 4th in the queue. The first 2 guys had one, 3rd in the queue was a 'lady' buying squid, octopus tentacles, sushi and 4 litres of white cider!

Built mine up and it's great, much better for my old knees than a garage floor.

I bought one of these today after seeing a 'heads up' a couple of days ago in the For Sale section. Far sturdier and much better build quality than I had expected. Quick and easy to set up, does everything it should do.
And for £30 I am very impressed :cool: :D
Got mine from the Hanwell store in West London.

at least ten left in the coventry branch on the a444 near the ricoh arena....(read olympic arena for the next few months!)....for those interested.... :D

Just got mine :)

About 10 left in the Weston Favell branch in Northampton :)

REKIBorter":3pe3vve2 said:
Please clamp bikes only by the seatpost

I am rather confused over the whole 'don't clamp the top tube' argument.
Surely the tube is sufficiently strong that when a 16 stone gorilla such as myself jumps the bike over something it won't buckle under the strain. Therefore hanging it by its tube can't be too bad.

Discuss.....

Why? because it is all too easy to overtighten a clamp on a very thin frame tube. Plus exerting any extra force on those thin tubes is all too easy when working on a bike. Many bikes have gear/brake cables running along the top tube, clamping them makes adjustment impossible. Finally, seatposts are cheap and easy to replace compared to frame tubes.

Back