Dave Lloyd Beez Kneez [new pics page 5]

A great bike.....Well done mate, looking forward to seeing it finished... :cool:

Just been into Chevin Cycles in Otley who loved the frame. They helped me out by making a special bolt for the seatclamp while I waited and only charged £1.50 for it. They loved the frame and are going to check out RetroBike. Some great retro memories were shared.

Checked with a micrometer the seat tube and it is a 27.2mm size of post needed so my X-Lite metal matrix one will fit.

I'm in two minds as to if I am going to build the whole bike tonight for the national ride tomorrow. The front mech is the only problem. I have a XT front mech but its the size larger than the one I need. If i can make a shim it could be possible to build the bike for tomorrow.

Pop back to the bike shop, they normally have shims knocking around from mechs they have fitted. I've got them for free in the past.

Re: British Steel - all mine!

Rob Atkin":2ib6j1ch said:
It's here!

Serious build thread now people, just keep it calm. :-D

dcaeaedf.jpg

That looks like a quality packing job ;) :D

Looking forward to seeing it (re) built and ridden :)

Have fun

Cheers
wad

Im a piccy whore.I scrolled through looking for more only there wasn't any :( just another tantalizing copy of the first.

When do we get to see some more ,in bright sunshine :D Looks amazing still parcelled up in the box :LOL:

I spent an hour unpacking it and I've still not got all the packing off!!
I have a new bike coming,but i get the distinct feeling its going to arrive wrapped in bubblewrap and a binbag :LOL:

dyna-ti":3hhf5bo5 said:
Im a piccy whore.I scrolled through looking for more only there wasn't any :( just another tantalizing copy of the first.

When do we get to see some more ,in bright sunshine :D Looks amazing still parcelled up in the box :LOL:

If you want pics (until Rob takes some more) there are a few in my sig of the previous build ;)

Back