What year are these Bombers...

Marzocchi do seem pretty good at that.

The main thing is that I can bung in the travel increase kit if I want, which is for 98-01 forks according to the UK Bike Store website. Does anyone know what is included? Is it just springs, of is there more to it than that?

In 1999 the drop offs came with 5 inches of travel (or 130mm) so I don't know if these 1999.5 forks have the same or less but you might find that with a seriously good service they see 130mm again. I don't know what's in the kit, sorry, but it might be an idea to give them a ring?

If it is just springs, I may have them. A friend had a set similar and reduced the travel for his DJ bike and gave the left over springs to me. I reckon these have had the same treatment.

Will give them a call to find out what it includes.

You can easily set first generation Z1's on either 110 or 130 mm. It's just a thing of spacers and springs, but bear in mind that the linger fork will be much more flexy. The later M-arch forks are a tad stiffer torsionally, but still pretty fluffy. I've had a 2001 Z1 MCR (that still exists, by the way) back when my only bike was a razzer hardtail and I did everything with it. Best thing is the world, let me tell you! A truly amazing fork that just wouldn't quit.

Mx

The bike is for my other half, so I doubt she'll notice that much....its not going to get that much hammer either. I'll pull them apart this weekend to swap the stanchions over between the two pairs I have and see if the springs I have make any difference.

At least it will give me something to do as I doubt I'll be out riding looking at the forecast.

I had some 01 MCR's too - they were great forks and took a real pasting despite being a bit wobbly (although they were a massive improvement on the Psylos that they replaced.....now they did flex, big time).

Back