June BoTM 2012 "Dead End Special" - Vote Now!

June BoTM 2012 "Dead End Special" - Vote Now!

• oneschnark's Progear 1995

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Huelse's 1990 Ibis Mountain Trials

• mfh126's 1992 Grove Innovations X-Frame

• kevinwulf's GT Tachyon

• LGF's Mystery Green Machine

• mikee's Cannondale SE1000

• Ductape's Klunker

• RichieB's Kestrel

• Aaran's 1991 Nishiki Alien CX

• trailhead's Manitou

• ez054098 Cannondale SE2000

• FMJ's Composite GT Xizang

• lewis1641's 1992 Trek 9000

• kikaha's GT STS

• simonhaydn's Kirk Revolution

• danson67's Klein URT

• bwhsh8r's Klein Attitude

• MrK's Haro Extreme

• felixdelrio's Action Tec F-16

• Nader's Fischer Cruise

• ajantom's 1997 Voodoo Zobop

• marc two tone's Bianchi Thomisus

• stumpjumper1990's 1990 Laïti

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
stumpjumper1990's 1990 Laïti for me.... can't get more A$$ backwards to me. The two wheel drive idea is still alive and kicking I think... just not popular. I love the haro too. Very hard month as far as deciding what to vote for.

Quite hard this month as I really tried to avoid my favourite and go for the most dead end. I probably failed though.

Most of the full suss bikes don't look dead end to me. they just look like they're poorly designed but the principle is still used after being refined. Defo don't count the Trek as it looks like my 5's great, great grandad!

Thought about the bikes with a bolted on rear triangle but think they're still about in some sort of way. I know what I mean.

Very nearly went for the belt driven thingy as it's really off the wall but picked the Manitou in the end. To me it was a suss system that got good reviews at the time (Manitou or Marin) but came to a shuddering halt after only a year or two, never to be seen again. Name me one bigish company that developed / is developing the system now? Shame really as I thought they looked great bitd and would be a tonic for all the full suss bikes that seem to look the same these days. Even Marin have lost their nerve this year and gone mainstream.

hard month again :roll:

Used the same old decision maker...."which would i take home"

Love the Nishiki ......but hate white tyres :roll:
the Laiti is just weird :shock:

So in the end went for danson67's Klein URT Mantra :) so pig ugly (sorry Dan) its cool and love the Leaders :cool:

tvcreative":2i1v33qf said:
oh Golden oldie you got me...speaking of bikes that I used to own, how's my old moots?

It's all in fun, isn't it?

As for the moots, I wouldn't know. I was strictly the middleman, as I purchased it for a friend and uk member of this site, so if you like, I can pass on the question, to him, though I'm sure it's doing well.

:cool:

oneschnark's Progear 1995 by a whisker from stumpjumper1990's 1990 Laïti - what were the designers on
:shock: :D
Honourable mentions to all entrants for such a high standard.

With risk I did not get dead ends of designs right I vote so:
1) oneschnark's Progear 1995
2) felixdelrio's Action Tec F-16
3) LGF's Mystery Green Machine

RichieB":1vfui8qq said:
It seems that there's no clear voting direction - are we voting for biggest dead end, or nicest bike?

They all had to demonstrate significant dead endy-ness to even get into the running

So I think it really good people are just voting for whatever they like based on whatever criteria they like, rather than being 'directed' in their voting(!?)

- Good month and interesting stuff

Personally I voted for the one I'd most like to own/the sexiest one: the Action Tec

hydorah":77jcjivf said:
RichieB":77jcjivf said:
It seems that there's no clear voting direction - are we voting for biggest dead end, or nicest bike?

They all had to demonstrate significant dead endy-ness to even get into the running

So I think it really good people are just voting for whatever they like based on whatever criteria they like, rather than being 'directed' in their voting(!?)

- Good month and interesting stuff

Personally I voted for the one I'd most like to own/the sexiest one: the Action Tec
That's the rationale I always follow.

The criteria / special-um-thing is what qualifies a bike, after that, I go with which I prefer / would most like to own / take home for a wild night of off-roading...

Back