can any one tell me what make of bike this is ?

AmTRac

Retro Newbie
can any one tell me what make of bike this is ?

Attachments

• 540315_3221230450159_68857469_n.jpg
    540315_3221230450159_68857469_n.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 1,193
I thought perhaps a club roost, but I reckon cyfa would've been here by now if it was :LOL:

Wow! Let me bore you for a moment! :eek:

I had a frame that looked like that back in 97, I worked all summer to pay for it, built it and two weeks later left it outside a shop to buy fags while on the way to a downhill. It was gone, I was 16 and heartbroken :( (Didn't last long, parents felt so bad bought me LTS)

I honestly have not seen that frame in 15 years! :D :D
Looking through my files the stolen advert I put up is titled 'DDG-Stolen.doc' so it must be a DDG of some kind..

edit: While googling I found this lol : http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=202079

Magsy":2iopb3uj said:
Wow! Let me bore you for a moment! :eek:

I had a frame that looked like that back in 97, I worked all summer to pay for it, built it and two weeks later left it outside a shop to buy fags while on the way to a downhill. It was gone, I was 16 and heartbroken :( (Didn't last long, parents felt so bad bought me LTS)

I honestly have not seen that frame in 15 years! :D :D
Looking through my files the stolen advert I put up is titled 'DDG-Stolen.doc' so it must be a DDG of some kind..

edit: While googling I found this lol : http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=202079

You Wouldn't happen to know the frame numbers would you ? because there still on this frame along with a bill of sale ...and where did you say it was stolen from ?

Nah but I know where mine went but I just couldn't get it back (without blood spilt)

I'm in Swansea.

It's great looking at the pics cos I lost mine so long ago I was having trouble remembering what it looked like. That pivot is so high and they put the bloody bottle holder on the back of the seat tube! :(

Have you bought it?

Magsy":ilsqoqib said:
Nah but I know where mine went but I just couldn't get it back (without blood spilt)

I'm in Swansea.

It's great looking at the pics cos I lost mine so long ago I was having trouble remembering what it looked like. That pivot is so high and they put the bloody bottle holder on the back of the seat tube! :(

Have you bought it?

yeah bought it bout 2 weeks ago ....looking at your pics and the bike in front of me there are a few little differences here and there ....i'll see if i can add some more pictures to this post with out making a mess of it

BobCatMax":23sw8zvm said:
I thought perhaps a club roost, but I reckon cyfa would've been here by now if it was :LOL:

Guess thats that then!
A ddg. Dindt know fo any others aoart from the shooter.
It does share a similar brace to some of the club roosts and i did think that.
I kept coming back, sure i knew what it was but just couldnt remember. Now im not sure i ever really knew.

Now we know though.

Whats the plans for it?

cyfa2809":1n83n72l said:
BobCatMax":1n83n72l said:

Guess thats that then!
A ddg. Dindt know fo any others aoart from the shooter.
It does share a similar brace to some of the club roosts and i did think that.
I kept coming back, sure i knew what it was but just couldnt remember. Now im not sure i ever really knew.

Now we know though.

Whats the plans for it?

not really sure what to do with it now ... just wanted a pushbike to pedal round the village on save me using the car or my motorbike I've cleaned it stuck some new cables on it etc. but the back suspension bearings are goosed and I cant find any where to get new ones :(

Back