Raleigh Quadra

MatiasMandango

Dirt Disciple
Just been out on the first ride on my new £50 bike, first time on a bike for about 5 years......there were a few things wrong with the bike.....buckled rear wheel, the crank seems a bit 'cam' shaped......but even so fantastic bike especially seeing as it is 25years old. The bike seemed to make riding so easy and felt very light (probably isn't compared to modern day standards), excellent.

Looking forward to getting out on it more often, getting fit and keeping up to date with things and picking up some tips off of the forums!

Sorry ranting about a load of rubbish but had to share.

MatiasMandango":1s3n64me said:
the crank seems a bit 'cam' shaped......but even so fantastic bike especially seeing as it is 25years old.

25 years ago puts it in Biopace era chainrings.

Thanks, pretty chuffed really considering I don't know anything about bikes or what the bike was before I went to see it.....seems like it turns out to be a pretty good one.

I will stick a photo up if I can work out how, plus I have a query on a dent on the top tube as to whether I should worry about trying to strengthen it or just leave it.

Cheers

Dents are rarely cause for much concern in my experience other than for resale.

Quadra's are real nostalgic bikes for me I have their image imprinted on my brain. Good times.

Cheers for the replies, puts my mind at rest a bit with the dent, just dont want the top tube to bend, and that sheldon brown website is good

Tel":1g78lj6m said:
Dents are rarely cause for much concern in my experience other than for resale.

Quadra's are real nostalgic bikes for me I have their image imprinted on my brain. Good times.

Nice bikes, ace paint job too - hope the OP's Quadra is still in the original finish! Mine is British Racing Green all over at present and looking tatty. Off to the powder coaters for a nice shade of cream all over this summer and red lug lining added by yours truly to match the bar tape and bottle holders it'll be fitted with in its role as my commuter/tourer/winter bike.

David

Back