Dave Lloyd Beez Kneez [new pics page 5]

Bit of a story.....

I used to live in Southwell, Nottinghamshire. There was a little bike shop there that sold MTB's and road bikes. Obviously my interest was MTB but the bike shop owner also had Dave Lloyd display models. He said he was friends with Dl (don't know how true that was, but how many shops had 4 or 5 DL full bikes to display in their shop??? :shock:).

I remember he at some point has a disc-braked Cats Whiskas, IIRC exactly the same as the one tested in the mags all those years ago. It may have well been the exact one, who knows? I also remember he had a yellow and black Beez Kneez, maybe the mag bike as well?? :?: :?:

So when Wadsy got this bike I was very chuffed for him. He deserved to win the bike of the month with his build as it looks perfect. Unfortunately he is unable to ride a bike at the moment due to illness which I thought was a shame. He very kindly out of the blue offered it to me, so I checkd the geometry and size and thought this would be perfect - a smaller size with the slightly higher rise stem would be ace for my lack of height and dodgy neck.

So after a loooooooooong email and PM discussion, including him being very patient while I saved up the cash, it was mine!

Very well packed, so much so that I've been at it 20 mins and I can only see the top tube and part of the down tube.

It is a lovely paint finish and the stem still smells of fresh paint! He also gifted an XT headset to fit it which was very generous as I had spent all I had and this needed a decent headset in it....

So, this bike will get what it deserves - to be ridden! I don't have the cash for M900 or even XT so my favourite groupset - DX - will be on it. I have some X-Lite Chicken Stix in red, some 987's in black, a X-Lite Metal Matrix seatpost I hope will fit and a Flite to go on it. I would like some Middleburn cranks on it too but I'm struggling to find some within my very limited budget.

I can't get it done for the National ride this weekend so I'll be on the RM I'm afraid, but at the very latest you'll see it at the Peaks ride.

Well done that man :D

Stunning bike, really very nice. I may be able to help you with Middleburn cranks and USE post if the x-lite doesn't work out, also have some cheap wheels on my for sale thread.

Anyway good luck with the build and hope you enjoy ;)

Back