Retrobike National Series Rd 4: Yorkshire Dales ~ 07/07/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are plenty of routes in and out of Reeth and know them really well.
I have contacts at the dales bike centre and a lot of family in and around Swaledale so will ask him/them for updates.

Kaya. I ring you if problems.

Blimey settle down everyone and just remember to bring a cagoule.

Several months of planning have gone into this ride by several very experienced people with a good knowledge of the area.
The route has been chosen for it's suitability in a range of weather conditions and there are several opportunities to bail out or simply shorten/alter the ride if necessary.
The same goes for all the Retrobike National rides.

The ride will start as planned and the ride leaders will make a decision on which route to take. If anyone feels uncomfortable with any of the perceived risks involved with either the ride itself, or the journey to the ride, then they can choose whether or not they wish to attend.

Probably also worth bringing some factor 50 too if JV's iphone is as accurate as always.

I can post an update on the road conditions between Leeds and Helmsley on Fri eve if you want, hopefully when I arrive in Helmsley I'll still have the caravan on the back and not a boat floating behind me.
Forecast for weekend is improving all the time but tomorrow looks s**t, it'll have dried up by Sat (because I can't come !).
Have a good day out , I'll be thinking of you all whilst reclining in my awning drinking wine resting my holy knee.
Get em wet n muddy , thats what they were made for.
Plenty of pics please.
Matthew

giant-one":1k1oc7m1 said:
Glad your bringing a modern bike Rich, now I won't feel left out :D

i know, bit embarrasing but i only have a choice of 3 and its the best suited.....aint got the space for a new retro bike just yet.

We are getting the worst of the weather today in West Yorks (I've just driven up the M62 river this morning!). I've just read the latest update sent to me at work at 9am and the rainfall is going to be between 40-80mm during the day here. The severe rainfall is going to move northwards but may fragment a bit.

Hopefully this will mean that the chances of flooding will reduce. I've borrowed some Gore-tex riding trousers though as I doubt the trails will be dusty... :LOL:

Correct me if I am wrong but is it more likely to be just very wet rather than muddy on the trails round Swaledale? I've only ever ridden it in the dry but it seemed more rocky/gravelly than earthy.

Might buy some Sealskins today... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back