2001 Kona Kilauea - JPS Special

unkleGsif":50305via said:
Going to clean and polish the forks for now, then sort them out for the long term in a few weeks.....

Cant beleive nobody has noticed the obvious mistake with the graphics :LOL:

G

Head tube and Seat tube on the wrong way round???

Yep.....
Actually think I prefer it like that.

Noticed before it went to be lacquered, and decided to keep it :LOL:

G

Mate, I spotted this last night whilst signing on at the midweek madness race! It looked the dogs, great job on the frame matey!!! How did u get on?

:cool:

Cheers....
I flunked out, big time.

Knew I had to call it a day on lap 4 I think... eyes went blurry and tunnelled in the woods by the log.
Still, wasn't expecting to set the world alight. First real ride out at pace (ie, sans girlfriend ;) ) in years, so was more a benchmark of how much I need to improve

I was stunned at how fast some of the leaders were going... esp you lancs boys!

G

Ah well mate, at least u had a crack! That's pretty respectable IMO!

The top riders are absolute machines! I couldn't keep up with them lads last night!

I have been out and about on the bike over the past few months, and have been really enjoying it. With the wife we have done several Manchester to Liverpool runs on the Trans Pennine Trail (it runs 2 minutes from our house), a couple of road rides up to Hebdon Bridge, and the Manchester 100 a month or 2 ago (and I loved every sore 100mile of it!!!)

I have been slowly collecting some extra bits for the bike to finish her off... so far I have;

Gold Ti stem, and alu bottle cage bolts
XTR front TP mech
Black and Silver Marzocchi Z2 Superfly's
Matching Easton carbon flat and riser bars
Gold Hope Grip Doctors
New carbon effect bar tape
Carbon bar ends

Originally, I had a shorter Thomson stem, but went for a slightly longer one. Now, with matching long and a short stems, and matching Easton riser and flat bars, I can do a direct comparison as I have never used risers on a XC bike.

The bars will be flatted back and painted in matte black, and the forks will probably be gloss black with simple gold "bomber" logo's, but these are all works in progress...... watch this space

G

Not the greatest of pictures... quick shot in the kitchen before the boss gets home... but I am we'll happy :cool:

Custom gold chrome waterslide decals under 3 coats of clear, mounted low on the fork, Brodie style!

Now just the Z2 Superfly's to finish

G

This looks real nice mate, well done!

I can appreciate it better than most as I have one of my own, in fact I'm selling it if anyone is interested...

viewtopic.php?f=40&t=260157&p=1947762#p1947762

Auction closes on 19th June 2013 at 20.30

It's not a JPS special, and it doesn't have nearly as nicer spec as you have on yours I'm afraid, but the frame is top quality and really nice to ride.

Reluctant sale so looking for a good home :)

c040f08e-de96-4ca6-b447-04af19c10f6b_zpsa0dee895.jpg

Back