Build suggestions for a transitional Yo Eddy?

JSO

Retro Guru
Just acquired this sapphire purple Yo.
Problem is its a later 1995 Yo.

This is a blank canvas.

I am not a big fan of the aethsthetics of the 2nd Generation XTR stuff. What are peoples thoughts about keeping with the tried and true M900 parts?

Some other potential parts out of the bin include....
Ti Finished F Series Cooks Cranks, Silver Toplines , Black RSR Cooks Cranks, 3dv Paul Stoplights, and other 3dv Purple bits and pieces. (UNfortunately, I recently finished a fairly obnoxious purple on purple Wicked Fat and that robbed my bin of most of my 3dv goodies)

THe wheel choices includes the iridescent 217's (Pictured), or silver CK classics or M900.

Stem & seatpost....do I go silver or black?

I am open to any and all suggestions.

THe only things non negotiable are the saddle (Will be a Black Flite) and I have some NOS Skinwalled Wildgrippers.

Thoughts?

288d176e.jpg

M900, Silver Toplines (Black rings), silver CK classics, silver post and stem, DEFINITELY NO purple or 3dv ;) ;) :D

Thanks for the advice on going with silver….

The pieces that I have mocked together look great!
So far my build includes…..
o Very Shiny Syncros Forged Cranks, Chainrings and Crank o Matics
o Either Shiny XT hubs laced to Mavic SUP Sunset rims or dull m900s laced to Brown anodized Mavics (Very nice but seem to be lost)
o Shiny Ritchey post or Silver XTR post (shimmed?)
o Silver no Logo CK Headset
o M900 XTR Front & Rear
o M900 XTR Brakes
o Silver Hyperlites
o Nice Flite TI
o NOS Gumwalled Wildrippers
o Contemplating white cable housing
Silver Ringle Cage

My quandary comes up with the cockpit…..
1) Although I love M900 Shifter/Levers and have a set in the bin…they really don’t go with the build. I Have a nice set of shiny Kooka Levers. XC Pro are Black and XT Thumbies are too old. So…with that said are there any other shifter options?

2) Was planning on using a cable hanger but the fork is threaded and I don’t have enough threads to include one. SO …is there a source for nice silver one inch quill stems with noodles?

XC Expert are silver. But I am struggling to understand that you are putting M900 front rear and brakes on then saying the shifters are too modern am I missing something :?: :oops:

And if you can't source a silver stem with a noodle what about something like this :?:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ID-Front-Cabl ... 589472bc04

;)

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
What a Nice Yo!! I used to sell these back in 94-96 and this was my favourite color.

......however I struggle to see why a '95 rigid Yo is a problem....but thats just me I guess.... ;-)

kermitgreenkona88":1ex7q2z9 said:
XC Expert are silver. But I am struggling to understand that you are putting M900 front rear and brakes on then saying the shifters are too modern am I missing something :?: :oops:
;)

Don't get me wrong....
The XTR shifters would be appropriate it's just that I have this shiny silver theme going and although beautiful the XTR shifters just don't look right
I have some silver Kooka brake levers that I would like to use and was just wondering if there were any alternatives for shifters?

Thoughts?

Back