British Steel

I will ask Debbie anyway, she might know something and it might shine a very little light on the subject :)

Your quest is a very noble one Carl and if I can help I will.

I'm sure if you badger this guy some more he might give in. The danger is he'll hold out as he knows he's got something special - unless he does already!

I guess if you got to see some pictures it would be a start, you could then at least work out the authentisity/history of the bike.

Giom6":2fj249i3 said:
I will ask Debbie anyway, she might know something and it might shine a very little light on the subject :)

Your quest is a very noble one Carl and if I can help I will.

I'm sure if you badger this guy some more he might give in. The danger is he'll hold out as he knows he's got something special - unless he does already!

I guess if you got to see some pictures it would be a start, you could then at least work out the authentisity/history of the bike.

All i can pass on, is he says its not rotten, but its in a shameful state (his words) it was his sons bike bought in Bristol, when a student, came with two forks, both painted the same colour.... Zebra, its not complete, and he says hammered.

Hence why i think he doesnt have much interest in it. he wants shot of it for space reasons, but apparantly darent do anything untill he speaks to his son... :?

He thinks he can see a sticker that says 653..... :?

It does all make sense to me, the Pioneer did progress i know this much for sure, it all sounds right ref suspension too.....so im just chasing a rainbow for a minute, but i live in hope.

What really sparks the interest is his ref to the "PR1" i have heard this reffered to many times by different people over the years.

Basically an Evolution of the Pioneer.

Perhaps the Pioneer for the 90s.... :?

Sounds like its making all the right noises.

Whatever state it's in I think it's definitely worth trying to catch that rainbow. :)

Where does his son live that he hasn't been able to speak to him? Does he not have a phone? I do wonder if he son still has the bike because surely if the dad does have it, then the son isn't that bothered with it :?

If you do catch that rainbow Carl, it would be amazing :cool:

Giom6":sfvr6kr3 said:
Sounds like its making all the right noises.

Whatever state it's in I think it's definitely worth trying to catch that rainbow. :)

Where does his son live that he hasn't been able to speak to him? Does he not have a phone? I do wonder if he son still has the bike because surely if the dad does have it, then the son isn't that bothered with it :?

If you do catch that rainbow Carl, it would be amazing :cool:

Cheers for the suppost Gio, the son is away in Afgan im told for a further 6 month tour of Duty... :? Fingers crossed he comes back.

Who knows the old fella may have it all wrong, or maybe it is what he say it is..., he did say it was well over a thousand pounds when he bought it, so we shall see.... :cool:

My Overburys is a later frame, designed around a sus fork I think, 1 1/8" head tube, lighter tube set than the 90's ones I have seen/felt, canti hanger, no chainstay bridge, no rack/mudguard eyelets, cut away dropouts, braze-ons for a chainsuck plate a la Bontrager and forward facing seat clamp.

Rod_Saetan":1is989zr said:
My Overburys is a later frame, designed around a sus fork I think, 1 1/8" head tube, lighter tube set than the 90's ones I have seen/felt, canti hanger, no chainstay bridge, no rack/mudguard eyelets, cut away dropouts, braze-ons for a chainsuck plate a la Bontrager and forward facing seat clamp.

I suspect Carl just passed out after reading this ;)

NeilM":3hnl4mxd said:
Rod_Saetan":3hnl4mxd said:

I suspect Carl just passed out after reading this ;)

:LOL: :LOL:

Looks like that should be a great book.

headsetpress-daveyates8.jpg

Want!

Back