Isn't it annoying when...

You never said earlier he accepted your offer, only that your final offer was pending pics that he never sent.

I think this is a classic case of miss understanding, you thought it was a done deal but had said pending pics, you may have dropped out on seeing them and the other buyer may have gone else where in the mean time.

You can't expect someone else to know what you're thinking.

1.He didn't accept your final offer, you were waiting for pics.
2.You'd spent a week procrastinating and started with a lowball offer to save yourself a few quid.
3.Your best offer was still less than the other guy.

Why would any seller give a buyer with the above behaviour pattern any kind of priority over someone that comes in with the asking price, plus postage and says "how do I pay"?

it's a bit petty given the fact that no money has changed hands

Quite.

NAILTRAIL96":xm05p44p said:
You never said earlier he accepted your offer, only that your final offer was pending pics that he never sent.

I think this is a classic case of miss understanding, you thought it was a done deal but had said pending pics, you may have dropped out on seeing them and the other buyer may have gone else where in the mean time.

You can't expect someone else to know what you're thinking.

I thought I'd made it pretty clear to him that I wanted to buy it. The numerous messages I'd sent him should have backed this up further, as well as the fact I actually said that I'd buy it for his asking price. I'm not sure how much clearer I could have been. As you said, I think for whatever reason he's misunderstood what I'd said and he's sold the bike to someone else.

Sorry to everyone for having a rant! :oops:

This is the reason why I don't do "dibs".
I sold the same set of wheels 4 times to "dibbers" and people showing an interest on threads only for none of them to actually buy and it puts others off.
A firm offer of payment takes priority over every thing else in my book.

Barneyballbags":3copvj3b said:
Damn me and my "won't pay for it until I've seen it properly" ways! ;)
Same here. I've missed out on a couple of bikes on Gumtree while waiting for the owner to confirm the identity/condition.

The area I'm in is infested with traders who'll buy over the phone and travel 50 miles in the hope of making £15 profit out of some shifters and knackered amberwalls... :twisted:

Barneyballbags":slx4l9mw said:
Damn me and my "won't pay for it until I've seen it properly" ways! ;)

Thank you, and good night..

Yeah but then you don't end up buying something that is US.

Latest posts

Back