Alpinestars Cro-Mega '91 build finished

Skinwhistle

Old School Hero
Well! finished my first build, Alpinestars Cro Mega 91
it's a mix of original, Retro upgrades and new parts, it is how i intended the build to be, and has turned out better than i had first planned! I got hold of the bike in March and have wanted this style of bike since they came out in the '90's, but ended up riding other steeds!!!! This bike rides superb! I've put slicks on it as the MTB tyres are starting to split and thought i would use it on the road for now, or until all the bits have bedded in.
And a big thanks to Gil_m for the great job on the decals :D

Attachments

• DSC00677.JPG
    DSC00677.JPG
    415.6 KB · Views: 855
  • DSC00683.JPG
    DSC00683.JPG
    379.9 KB · Views: 855
  • DSC00686.JPG
    DSC00686.JPG
    317.3 KB · Views: 855
  • DSC00677.JPG
    DSC00677.JPG
    415.6 KB · Views: 853
really nice job you've done on that.

Old and new seems to work well together on it.. :cool:

A* refit...

Nice.... where did you source the front derailleur... I am struggling to find these kind, or can I get one with a band and change the bolt ?

Thanks guys, I've enjoyed doing this build, maybe I will tweak things in a while, but will keep as is for now.
She runs really well, I was impressed with the ride!
As for the front derailier adamrob, it came with the bike, I'm sure someone on here will have one if you put an add in the wanted section??

Re: A* refit...

adamrob":34hgtgq3 said:
Nice.... where did you source the front derailleur... I am struggling to find these kind, or can I get one with a band and change the bolt ?

Lovely build there sir!.....very clean, and your personal take on components suits the build......the front mech is the endless band sort, with the band removed, it the bolts on the tab brazed to the frame...... :D

Thanks for the tip Feetabix :D , I thought that could be the case, but never wanted to risk a purchase only to see it doesnt fit :? .... but one thing is the bolt not too short ? a conventional long thread hex bolt would be required, no ?

Back