Sponsor a bike ride ? Worcester area

greenstiles

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Not sure if i can post this up (please remove if not)

Looking for riders to ride about 94 road miles, Worcester to Hereford, Glouster and back.

It is to raise money for st.Pauls homeless hostel in Worcester, a very busy hostel that caters for many many different types of people, young old, ex sevice personel, people who have lost a job and then their home etc.

Even if you could only raise £20 via family and friends it would all be a great help. There may be a bigger London to Brighton event next year. One chap has just done London to Paris for the hostel.

Or if you wish to donate any new cycle items to raffle off to make cash or even just a couple of hydration tabs for the riders.

Date is not finalised yet but looking at maybe Sept 16th a Sunday.

They are not looking to get a big big group, so maybe if your local to the area and want to get involved, either pm me or contact the hostel direct via the link in all my posts. There will be a guy on a full sus bike and full face helmet, doing this ! road bike, mountain bike it's up to you.

Cool. I know of the hostel.

My girlfriend has family who live in Worcester - if we can arrange to get up there that weekend then I'd be up for doing it :)

greenstiles":3r5szznz said:
bump...do you think it's too many miles in 1 day for these type of events ?

Nope.

Me and My Mrs are doing the Manchester Hundred in September for The Christie Hospital, and last year my 10year old nephew and his dad (my bro) did 140miles Worcester to Hebden Bridge in 2 days for Great Ormand Street....

yep.....10 years old

He was on local BBC radio at the time, interviewed twice

G

Back