An hour and a half with some paper....

mass199":2r9253ch said:
:cool: I might give mine a go.

It really is quite theraputic, and once you've worked all the lacquer/clear ano protection off, it's just a case of gradually using finer papers, until the Autosol stage..

GT-Steve":qg33xkmd said:
mass199":qg33xkmd said:
:cool: I might give mine a go.

It really is quite theraputic, and once you've worked all the lacquer/clear ano protection off, it's just a case of gradually using finer papers, until the Autosol stage..

.... it is the ano and clear coat that prevents the surface corroding so how do you plan to protect them?

wax does a good job of protecting polished alloy, i use it on my car wheels which are exposed to much worse conditions than a crank

yep, I have a nice automotive wax that has been applied liberally to some M730 cranks I polished, and not a single sign of any tarnish to them in almost a year.. ;)

@GT -Steve
nice automotive wax that has been applied liberally to some M730 cranks I polished

can you please elaborate on this - i am due to finish my truvativ crank 'ano strip and polish' (pics will be posted soon) and would like to know what to apply after i've Peek'd it to a bitchin polish :)

non drive side crank is almost done - not looking forward to the driveside to be honest though....all those nooks and crannies! will definitely need a dremel....

edit: may i also add that a bit of fine grade wire wool and polishing compound works well, or use fine grade paper instead of the wool, i use this just before i get the soft rag and polish off with some more compound.

Back