Ibis Mojo SL 2009 Updated 7/12

Very very nice.. Our bikes could almost have been identical if I'd kept the RC40's on!

What frame protection have you got on there? Looks like its specific for the Mojo?

Thanks for all the comments :D

MynameisCasper":3rd88wji said:
How do you like the rear mech. In Holland averybody is raving about that little 'clutch' system.

It does exactly what it claims to do - prevents chain suck/slap and has the added benefit of being very quiet. I originally fitted it to my RC300 but I've had chain suck with the Ibis in the past so it made sense to swap it over. The first time it happened I was using a Shimano chain and had no chain tool. That was a long walk home....

ChrisR":3rd88wji said:
That is stunning. Definitely a dream bike.

Bet it's a joy to ride too!

It sure is fella. I think the fact that the latest SLR is almost identical to the original Mojo from six or seven years ago shows just how good it is.

PhilStone":3rd88wji said:
Very very nice.. Our bikes could almost have been identical if I'd kept the RC40's on!

What frame protection have you got on there? Looks like its specific for the Mojo?

It is indeed Mojo specific. There was an Australian chap making and selling them on the Ibis forum on mtbr. I'm not sure if he's still on there but it's probably worth searching for. I also added a few extra bits of heli tape myself ;)

Fudd":bzh9ytsi said:
PhilStone":bzh9ytsi said:
..What frame protection have you got on there? Looks like its specific for the Mojo?

It is indeed Mojo specific. There was an Australian chap making and selling them on the Ibis forum on mtbr. I'm not sure if he's still on there but it's probably worth searching for. I also added a few extra bits of heli tape myself ;)

Just picked up a set for my SL :cool:

http://frameskin.com.au/product.php?id_product=11

The Frameskin for Ibis Mojo/Mojo SL Kit contains 27 custom-shaped decals for near invisible protection of your frame. The kit offers outstanding protection for the down tube, seat stays and chain stays areas with extra special attention around the bottom bracket and underside of the frame.

What’s covered?
The Frameskin Kit for Ibis Mojo contains custom-shaped decals for;
• Top tube (between the cable stops)
• Downtube (complete with pre-made holes for bidon mounts)
• Junction of head tube and top tube (for where cables touch frame)
• Junction of seat tube and top tube (for where cables touch frame)
• Seat stays (these cleverly wrap stay faces and cable line areas)
• RHS chain stay (this cleverly wraps the stay face and aligns with the factory fitted chain-slap decal)
• LHS chain stays (this cleverly wraps the stay face and joins the seat stay)
• LHS stay brace (the link between seat stay and chain stay)
• Inside RHS chainstay (near where the cluster meets the frame)
• Underside of rear triangle
• Custom shapes to protect against chain slap and chain suck.
• Plenty of dots of various shapes to cater for cable rub points

Latest posts

Back